TE-Probe for 1-26D

Old January 15th 05, 11:26 PM
Heinz Gehlhaar

Default TE-Probe for 1-26D

I am thinking about installing a TE-Probe in our Club
1-26D, S/N 442
Is there any advice you can give me about where to
locate the probe? Think about: mounting-spot for accuracy,
versus for ease of installation and for minimum additional
weight.

Also, what type of probe and sources of the probe and
the interfacing fittings/materials would be helpful.

Thanks
Heinz

Old January 16th 05, 12:01 AM
DP

Heinz, the best spot would be the top of the vertical under the cap. Go
to Jim Phoenix.com to see pictures. Call Paul Remde at Cumulus Soaring
Inc. He has Ilec probes and probe mounts, which I just installed in my
E-Model

Dave

Old January 16th 05, 12:11 AM
Jim Phoenix

For an aluminum vertical stab, see the photos at the bootom of this page:
http://www.jimphoenix.com/jimphoenix...empennage.html

For a cloth covered vertical, see the photos here for an internal
installation (seventh and 8th photos from the top of the page):
http://www.jimphoenix.com/jimphoenix...empennage.html

As Dave said, the Ilec probe is very nice, the short length will do for a
1-26. I have a plenty of that aluminum tube installed in the fabric vertical
if you need a piece Heinz. I also have the rivnuts and stuff for the
aluminum vertical, if I recall - that's the vertical 442 has.

Jim

Old January 16th 05, 04:21 AM
Jim Phoenix

Thanks!

"Mark Zivley" wrote in message
om...
That is a very nice 1-26.

Old January 16th 05, 04:37 AM
Paul Remde

Hi Heinz,

You can see photos of the ILEC probes and mounts that I sell he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/ilec.htm

I'm not an expert on locations for TE probes, but I've heard that the
fuselage mounted units don't usually work nearly as well as units mounted
near the top of the vertical fin. The goal is to get the probe into clean
air.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old January 17th 05, 11:52 PM

Eastern Sailplane stocks suitable probe. Carbon fiber and cool on 1-26.
Mount on top of top fin rib under plastic tip.
UH

TE probe for SGS2-33 Rod Pool Soaring 1 May 20th 04 06:08 PM
Follow-up probe ordered into June 'friendly-fire' hit Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 March 3rd 04 04:46 AM
Cleaning a 3-way TE probe Jack Glendening Soaring 37 November 5th 03 07:45 PM
Cleaning TE probe - is this a good idea ? JJ Sinclair Soaring 1 October 7th 03 02:30 PM
Broken line to Oil Temperature Probe, Repairable? rkane33 Owning 2 July 25th 03 03:19 AM