Jantar 2b opinions sought

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 4th 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary O'Neill[_2_]

Default Jantar 2b opinions sought

I am a big guy and on a limited budget, the Jantar 2b is an option, big
cockpit good performance etc ,I have flown a standard Jantar when I was
doing a lot of hours in an ASW19 and found it different but good glider.
Small paddocks here mean high landing energy is an issue, at my age I would
prefer it a bit easier
My preferred list in order for old open class is Nimbus2c (for its
airbrakes, but pricey), Jantar 2B, ASW17 (very heavy though)
Things I would like to know are opinions on a 2Bs handling/flying,
maintenance issues ,parts supplies
Factory support etc
German gliders generally have 12,000 hrs lifespan, how does the Jantar 2b
compare
Gary