Least favorite ATC instructions... ... ...

Old December 22nd 05, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Least favorite ATC instructions... ... ...

How about "expect 30 minute delay for release". I got this Feburary
from Brown field after clearing customs and having taxied to the
runway. Apparently, ATC doesn't know what to do when they actually get
IMC in SoCal.

-Robert

Old December 22nd 05, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Cleared to land any runway means one of two things. The wind is calm and
you are the only Traffic. or....
You are having a bad day, declared an emergency and need to land now!
I have had the second one once.....
Michelle

Robert M. Gary wrote:

"Cleared to land on any runway" isn't bad. You get that when you are
doing a contact approach (at least a KSAC). How about "Call tower after
shutdown".

-Robert

Old December 23rd 05, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Is that true? I always get "cleared to land any runway" after a contact
approach. I'm not sure if all contact approches are that way or if this
is something specific to the operation.

-Robert

Old December 23rd 05, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"caleb" wrote in message
oups.com...
My top three a

Six Mike Kilo, you are number seven behind the United heavy.....

Old December 23rd 05, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is that true? I always get "cleared to land any runway" after a contact
approach. I'm not sure if all contact approches are that way or if this
is something specific to the operation.

Well, all contact approaches can't be that way as all contact approaches are
not flown at towered fields and a landing clearance requires a towered
field. The phrase "cleared to land any runway" does not appear in FAA
Order 7110.65.

Old December 23rd 05, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Most favorite ATC instructions (was: Least favorite ATC instructions)

My top three a

I did three practice ILS approaches today. I got my favorite ATC
instruction on each of the first two:

1) Cirrus 0CM, slow to 110 knots for the Mooney in front of you.

2) Cirrus 0CM, slow 20 knots for the 737 ahead.

I was at 140 KIAS at the IAF each time.
---
Ken Reed
Old December 23rd 05, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Ken Reed wrote:
My top three a

I did three practice ILS approaches today. I got my favorite ATC
instruction on each of the first two:

1) Cirrus 0CM, slow to 110 knots for the Mooney in front of you.

2) Cirrus 0CM, slow 20 knots for the 737 ahead.

I was at 140 KIAS at the IAF each time.

Why? Haven't learned energy management yet? :-)

Matt
Old December 23rd 05, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"caleb" wrote:

My top three a

How about, "N12345, say souls on board and fuel remaining"

Old December 23rd 05, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

My favorite ATC instructions.

Sundowner one niner four three lima read back correct

Sundowner one niner four three lima cleared for takeoff

Sundowner one niner four three lima, cleared to land.

Old December 23rd 05, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

When I was flying an approach into San Diego a Years ago received the
instructions.
At first I was told to keep my speed up on the approach.
"Maule NNXXX reduced speed 10 Kts. You are gaining on the 737 in front
of you."
"The flight strip says you are a Maule. Is that Correct?"
Yes.
I thought they were slow airplanes.
They can be. I have the big engine.
Michelle