DG 800B Power plug

Old October 3rd 05, 01:31 AM
HL Falbaum

Default DG 800B Power plug

I would like to find a North American, preferably USA, source for the
charging plug and recptacle for a DG800B. The female part looks like a
smaller diameter automotive cigarette lighter plug. The male, like a short
fat microphone jack. I'm told that automobiles in Germany use these for
acessory power plugs.

DG has them but at a very dear price, plus one must then pay shipping.

Thanks in advance

--
Hartley Falbaum
DG800B 8Q USA

Old October 3rd 05, 03:20 AM
Gary Evans

I was told but have not confirmed that this is the
male half of the connector.
http://tinyurl.com/aozo2
I have not seen a source for the female side.

Old October 3rd 05, 07:08 AM
bumper

"HL Falbaum" wrote in message
I would like to find a North American, preferably USA, source for the
charging plug and recptacle for a DG800B. The female part looks like a
smaller diameter automotive cigarette lighter plug. The male, like a short
fat microphone jack. I'm told that automobiles in Germany use these for
acessory power plugs.

DG has them but at a very dear price, plus one must then pay shipping.

Thanks in advance

--
Hartley Falbaum
DG800B 8Q USA

Try this url for both plugs and sockets:

http://www.powerletproducts.com/prod...gs_sockets.php

These are referred to as BMW style power plugs/sockets and are manufactured
by Bosch. They are also sold by John Deere tractor dealers for a reasonable
price, and BMW motorcycle dealers - - at a not quite so reasonable price.

all the best,

bumper

Old October 3rd 05, 12:54 PM
HL Falbaum

[...]