Old, but interesting topic

Old April 1st 07, 09:15 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,alt.aviation.safety,rec.aviation.piloting
Flydive

Default Old, but interesting topic

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in :

It will NOT, intercept, never, the FMC track, again as the LOC becomes
alive the FD will drop the FMC(switch from FMC guidance to navaids)
and intercept the LOC, the signal from the navaid, the FMC will again
come online only if you select it or if you select TOGA.

If the loc comes alive.

Well if the LOC is off the air you won't be doing any approach, it will
not intercept it, but this also applies if you are flying manually
doesn't it.

As you intercept the LOC you will not be using the FMS commands
anymore but the navaid signal.

IF you intercept it. That's the point and that's why we don't allow
it. We also consider it to be good practice pilot machine
interface. You're more in theh loop. Hdg sel only comes on when
you're within a few miles of interception if you're not already on
it.

Bertie

If the ILS is working you will definetely intercept it,

No I won't definitely intercept it.

Now be a good boi and **** off. I have trolling to do.

Bertie

Of course it will if you have the approach preselected, in exactly the
same way it will intercept it if you are on heading and being vectored.
Old April 1st 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Flydive wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in :

[...]

What part of **** off don';t you understand?

TRo11

Bertie

Old April 1st 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Sammy writes:

Of course not because you know I'd shoot holes through your argument
and you know you're wrong. It's the same any time I ask you to prove
any wild and unconventional claim you make.

No, it's not that. It's just that I know that lurkers will spend just
a few seconds to find what you're demanding from me, and they'll draw
their own conclusions about the topic, and about your position.

Ooow, the old "Sekrit looorker army" ploy.

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhhahwhahwh1

Bertie
Old April 1st 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,alt.aviation.safety,rec.aviation.piloting
Flydive

What part of **** off don';t you understand?

TRo11

Bertie

Well I see, to bad you can't help being an ass.

Was an interesting discussion till it lasted.

You really a pilot with that attitude? If you are then good thing I'll
never fly with you, I would feel safer with Mxsmanic.

Old April 1st 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Flydive wrote in :

What part of **** off don';t you understand?

TRo11

Bertie

Well I see, to bad you can't help being an ass.

Was an interesting discussion till it lasted.

No it wasn't. You're as big a blockhead as MXSmanic.

You really a pilot with that attitude? If you are then good thing I'll
never fly with you, I would feel safer with Mxsmanic.

Yes, I believe you would feel that.

Think your mommy's calling!

Bertie

Old April 1st 07, 09:54 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,alt.aviation.safety,rec.aviation.piloting
Flydive

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in :

What part of **** off don';t you understand?

TRo11

Bertie

Well I see, to bad you can't help being an ass.

Was an interesting discussion till it lasted.

No it wasn't. You're as big a blockhead as MXSmanic.
You really a pilot with that attitude? If you are then good thing I'll
never fly with you, I would feel safer with Mxsmanic.

Yes, I believe you would feel that.

Think your mommy's calling!

Bertie

What a poor man you are. Well I close here so you can feel a winner.

bye
Old April 1st 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Flydive wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in news:461017ed$1_4

@news.bluewin.ch:

What part of **** off don';t you understand?

TRo11

Bertie

Well I see, to bad you can't help being an ass.

Was an interesting discussion till it lasted.

No it wasn't. You're as big a blockhead as MXSmanic.
You really a pilot with that attitude? If you are then good thing

I'll
never fly with you, I would feel safer with Mxsmanic.

Yes, I believe you would feel that.

Think your mommy's calling!

Bertie

What a poor man you are. Well I close here so you can feel a winner.

Oh thsanks you're a peach!

Bertie
Old April 1st 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Maxwell writes:

Do you have no idea how much data is maintain or EVERY jet engine
flying?

Do you?

I do, send me 45$ and I'll tell you.

Bertie
Old April 2nd 07, 12:10 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Maxwell

"Sammy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 1, 10:28 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Sammy writes:
Point me to the exact report, and the news reports you're talking
about. If you don't want to give me a web URL or detailed instructions
on how to find it at least give me a report number or some kind of ID
so i can examine the evidence you're talking about.

No.

Of course not because you know I'd shoot holes through your argument
and you know you're wrong. It's the same any time I ask you to prove
any wild and unconventional claim you make.

He can't Sammy, it was undoubtedly just a simulated report he was reading.

Old April 2nd 07, 09:46 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
scott s.

Flydive wrote in :

Well, the FMS on the Global Express, with the Batch 2 upgrade will do
that. For that to happen you must have NAV selected, the FMS must be
your source of navigation, you must have the ILS frequency tuned in
(either manually or autotuned) and you must have APCH preselected.
As the aircraft joins the LOC the FD will automatically switch from
FMS to ILS as source and intercept Localizer and flightpath.

Thanks. Didn't realize that honeywell unit could operate that way.

scott s.
..