Extended full-power in small pistons

Old January 2nd 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Beauciphus

Default Extended full-power in small pistons

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
The POH for a number of small piston aircraft warn that high power and
prop
settings should not be used for extended periods. What counts as an
extended
period, and what happens to the engine if these recommended (or mandatory)
limits are exceeded?

I guess I need to apologise for my previous remark. As it turns out, I mis
read the question.

My aircraft has large pistons, not small ones, and my remarks refer to
aircraft with large pistons, not small pistons.

Old January 2nd 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Viperdoc[_6_]

I would personally like to thank Anthony for supplying us with comedy so
early in the year- may he continue to demonstrate his ignorance throughout
the remainder of the new year and provide us with opportunities for further
enjoyment.

Old January 2nd 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
buttman

On Jan 2, 9:11*am, "Viperdoc" wrote:
I would personally like to thank Anthony for supplying us with comedy so
early in the year- may he continue to demonstrate his ignorance throughout
the remainder of the new year and provide us with opportunities for further
enjoyment.

did this mxmanic guy kill you dog or something, you just always seem
so...mad when replying to his threads.
Old January 2nd 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Viperdoc[_6_]

No, never mad- he is just a source of amusement.

Old January 2nd 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

No, never mad- he is just a source of amusement.

Are you sure that is the impression you create?
Old January 2nd 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Flydive

Viperdoc wrote:
Anthony, your response again demonstrates your fundamental ignorance about
flying. Since when do throttle and RPM control EGT? What does EGT have to do
with engine performance and longevity? Since when do full throttle and RPM
produce maximum EGT?

It's a good thing you actually don't fly. The limitations in the POH
obviously would not make sense to you, since you don't have a grasp of the
fundamentals of engine operation.

In his post I don't read anything about RPM or throttle controlling EGT.

You should read more carefully before going all out on your attack.

Can't you guys just answer a question, even if from MX?
Maybe it would be useful for someone else.
Old January 2nd 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Maxwell[_2_]

"Flydive" wrote in message
| Viperdoc wrote:
| Anthony, your response again demonstrates your fundamental ignorance
about
| flying. Since when do throttle and RPM control EGT? What does EGT have
to do
| with engine performance and longevity? Since when do full throttle and
RPM
| produce maximum EGT?
|
| It's a good thing you actually don't fly. The limitations in the POH
| obviously would not make sense to you, since you don't have a grasp of
the
| fundamentals of engine operation.
|

| In his post I don't read anything about RPM or throttle controlling EGT.
|
| You should read more carefully before going all out on your attack.
|
| Can't you guys just answer a question, even if from MX?
| Maybe it would be useful for someone else.

He specifically states power and prop settings which directly correlate to
RPM, Manifold Pressure and EGT.

And the question is being posed by Mx, which correlates directly to
bull****.

I would think anyone who has actually operated a gas powered lawnmower or
weed eater would be smart enough to realize the issues with operating at
excessive power and RPM settings. Especially since he proclaims to be an
expert on everything from physics to breast feeding.

Old January 2nd 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
| Viperdoc writes:
|
| No, never mad- he is just a source of amusement.
|
| Are you sure that is the impression you create?

It's not about creating an impression. It's all about laughing at an
ignorant, arrogant asshole.

Old January 2nd 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Viperdoc[_6_]

I am not worried about the impression I create, any more than the one you
create when you ask your inane questions and provide your own pedantic

Old January 2nd 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Flydive

Maxwell wrote:

He specifically states power and prop settings which directly correlate to
RPM, Manifold Pressure and EGT.

Not the way I read it:

The POH also seems to imply that operating with full throttle at less than
maximum RPM is okay, and so is operating with maximum RPM but less than full
throttle. I think it also says something about not being at maximum EGT for
too long.

And the question is being posed by Mx, which correlates directly to
bull****.

I would think anyone who has actually operated a gas powered lawnmower or
weed eater would be smart enough to realize the issues with operating at
excessive power and RPM settings. Especially since he proclaims to be an
expert on everything from physics to breast feeding.

That might be, but just answering more bull**** doesn't help someone,
maybe a new pilot, interested in the answer.

It also doesn't help the newsgroup itself, which unfortunately looks
more and more dead, this been one of the reasons

Full Stalls Power Off w3n-a Soaring 5 December 4th 08 10:29 PM
Full Stalls Power On w3n-a Piloting 0 December 4th 08 02:30 PM
Can hydraulic lifters cause inadequate full power? [email protected] Owning 13 October 23rd 08 07:40 PM
Radio protocol regarding full stops on full stop only nights Ben Hallert Piloting 33 February 9th 05 07:52 PM
4--O-470 pistons,used jerry Wass Aviation Marketplace 0 August 17th 04 05:07 PM