OT - Mr Wizard

Old June 18th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Default OT - Mr Wizard

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:09:43 -0400, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

There was also the one with Tim Conway as a Beech 18 pilot for a small

airline.
Ron Wanttaja

I can't think of the name either; but that one was a scream! :-)

(Swats self on forehead) D'oh! "The Tim Conway Show."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065352/

Ron Wanttaja

I loved watching Conway make Korman crack up on Carol Burnette.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 18th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dave[_16_]

Tour of Duty

Dan wrote:
Richard Riley wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:40:35 GMT, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Montblack wrote:
("Dan" wrote)

Garrisons Gorillas ...... (1967) .......1 season

Guerillas

Don't make me open a can of Lancelot Link whoop ass...

Paul-Mont

Not familiar with that one.
Was that the supposed Viet Nam "comedy" that that went over
like something ugly in the punch bowl?

Naaa, Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp was a saturday morning kids show. A
spy show, like Man from UNCLE, but with chimps in costume and voice
overs. It must have been a nightmare to edit.

The only Viet Nam show I can think of was "China Beach." They talked
about doing a series of "Good Morning Viet Nam" but it didn't go
beyond a pilot. You've got me stumped.

I think there was another Viet Nam series. I got 10 minutes into one
episode and couldn't take the cliches.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old June 18th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Dan" wrote)
I think there was another Viet Nam series. I got 10 minutes into one
episode and couldn't take the cliches.

Um, ...M*A*S*H?

Paul-Mont

Old June 18th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Richard Riley wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:43:34 -0500, "Montblack"
wrote:

("Dan" wrote)
I think there was another Viet Nam series. I got 10 minutes into one
episode and couldn't take the cliches.

Um, ...M*A*S*H?

Paul-Mont

You mean the one set in Korea?

By the last few seasons M*A*S*H should have been retitled "All About
Alan Alda."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 18th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Richard Riley" wrote)
Um, ...M*A*S*H?

You mean the one set in Korea?

Yes, that show about the Vietnam War! :-)

Paul-Mont
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22
Catch-22. Wrong war again?

Explanation of the novel's title
A magazine excerpt from the novel was originally published as Catch-18, but
Heller's publisher requested that he change the title of the novel so it
would not be confused with another recently published World War II novel,
Leon Uris's Mila 18. The number 18 has special meaning in Judaism and was
relevant to early drafts of the novel which had a somewhat greater Jewish
emphasis.

There was a suggestion for the title Catch-11, with the duplicated 1 in
parallel to the repetition found in a number of character exchanges in the
novel, but due to the release of the 1960 movie Ocean's Eleven this was also
rejected. Catch-14 was also rejected apparently because the publisher did
not feel that 14 was a "funny number". Catch-17 was also rejected so as not
to be confused with the WWII film Stalag-17 So eventually the title came to
be Catch-22, which like 11 has a duplicated digit with the 2 also referring
to a number of déjà vu like events common in the novel.

Old June 19th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Robert Murray

"Dan" wrote in message
Jim Logajan wrote:
Richard Riley wrote:
Rat Patrol looks amazingly good.

One thing I learned from Rat Patrol: a German Panzer division is no

match
for a jeep with a 50 caliber machine gun mounted on it.

:-)

I learned that no matter what German unit they went up against they
almost always ran into Heinz Gudegast playing Lt. Dietrich.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

He also played in "Combat".
Bob

Old June 19th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote:

Montblack wrote:
("Dan" wrote)

Garrisons Gorillas ...... (1967) .......1 season

Guerillas

Don't make me open a can of Lancelot Link whoop ass...

Paul-Mont

Not familiar with that one.
Was that the supposed Viet Nam "comedy" that that went over
like something ugly in the punch bowl?

Naaa, Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp was a saturday morning kids show. A
spy show, like Man from UNCLE, but with chimps in costume and voice
overs. It must have been a nightmare to edit.

The only Viet Nam show I can think of was "China Beach." They talked
about doing a series of "Good Morning Viet Nam" but it didn't go
beyond a pilot. You've got me stumped.

I think there was another Viet Nam series. I got 10 minutes into one
episode and couldn't take the cliches.

Probably _Tour of Duty_

The commercials for the show made it look so bad
I never watched it at all.

--

FF

Old June 22nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

"Montblack" wrote:

Mmm... Geena Davis. I like her, I don't like her. She bewitches me.

Earth Girls Are Easy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097257
http://www.celebsinc.com/pictures/Ge..._davis_039.jpg

Old June 24th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

Dan wrote:

I preferred "Clutch Cargo."

Disney's "Talespin" was great...