ICAO English requirements changing in 2008?

Old December 31st 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default ICAO English requirements changing in 2008?

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:52:12 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:04:22 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote in
om:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 03:02:00 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip

wrote in :

I solved this problem by kill filtering Bertie shortly after
filtering MX. With MX filtered I was still seeing virtually all
of
his posts since Bertie lacks the self-control to refrain from
responding it every single post MX makes. Once I filtered them
both, things returned almost to normal ... at least as normal as
r.a.p gets these days.

Why would I want to restrain myself? I only came here to troll him
in
the first place..

Bertie

How does your trolling Mr. A. contribute to improving the
newsgroup's
signal to noise ratio?

It doesn't.

So you publicly admit that your intent in stalking Mr. A. is to
negatively impact the quality of the newsgroup by lowering the
newsgroup's signal-to-noise ratio?

Nope.

Are you capable of perceiving that your trolling negatively impacts
the newsgroup's signal-to-noise ratio, or are you so self-absorbed
with your own emotional issues, that you are blind to the negative
impact your trolling causes? Are you so arrogant, that you feel that
the selfish joy you seek by trolling is more important than the good
of the newsgroup, and those fellow airmen among the readership of this
newsgroup who freely give of their knowledge and experience out of a
sense of camaraderie and goodwill toward their fellows?

Are your true motives for lowering the newsgroup's signal-to-noise
ratio a surreptitious attack to disrupt the dignity of this forum, and
drive away the valiant and altruistic contributors just to prove you
possess the power, all motivated by your self-perceived
ineffectiveness and inferiority? You're a bigger person than that,
aren't you?

You ever work for Fox?

No.

Why would you imagine it would?

Because a good netizen worthy of participation in this
world's-most-egalitarian-forum strives to improve Usenet as part of
the implicit licence granted to Usenet participants by the computer
system owners who freely donate their valuable labor and computing
resources for the noble cause that is Usenet. Usenet provides an
opportunity for mankind to demonstrate our capacity for
self-governance, the foundation of democracy. If instead we embrace
anarchy and devolution, we pathetically, publicly, parade our low,
uncivilized, brutish, feral and undignified ignobility before the
world, and shame those praiseworthy creators of Usenet upon whose
faith in the honorable capacity of mankind to act responsibly and
enlightened it rests.

So what's your point here?

The point you seem incapable of grasping is that your off-topic,
inane, badgering articles are beneath the dignity of humankind, not to
mention your fellow airmen. But you're just trolling me now ...

You;re not to smart, are you Larry?

My head may be stuffed with straw, but fortunately I am smart enough
not to resort to insults in a feeble attempt to demean those who
expose my faults, for personal attacks only serve to reveal a lack
of expressive ability and cognitive resources.

But you're not smart enough to kill-file me even though I told you to
months ago..

I prefer not to stick my head in the sand, thank you. And you
occasionally contribute worthy content, that I might miss if I were to
mask your articles from view.

Go figure.

Bertie

The way I figure it, you are a bit of a coward to conceal your true
identity behind a pseudonym when you attack other Usenet participants.
Why do you lack the courage and honesty to stand tall and take
responsibility for your actions? What do you fear? Are you
emotionally inferior to those who find no necessity for hiding? Such
malicious mischief cloaked in deceit is the mark of a simple child or
a roguish robber. Is deceit and cowardice really part of your true
nature? I prefer to think not, for you are a fellow airman, and I
know you are capable of exercising desecration and responsibility as
all airmen must.

Well, then what's your problem?

You haven't been paying attention, or you lack the reading
comprehension skills necessary to understand the concepts I have
provided for you.

So let's all take this opportunity to put our personal, petty
disagreements and prejudice feelings aside for the new year, and
embrace forgiveness and fellowship from here on.

Oh go **** yourslef Larry,.

So you are so full of rage and indignation, that you are incapable of
conducting yourself civilly. Very disappointing....

You don't like me, then killfile me or shut the **** up.

It's not an issue of enmity or affection; it's all about the
destruction you are perpetrating while cowering behind a false
persona. Your trolling behavior is childish, and unbecoming an
airman; I don't know whether to attribute it to emotional immaturity
or the onset of dementia.

You're a netkkkop, period.

That's the beauty of Usenet, we are all free to express our opinions.
There is no central controlling authority, no censorship, only the
belief that mankind is capable of self-governance. Some participants
are destructive, and some are constructive, but we _ALL_ deserve
respect.

You seem to be taking this opportunity to demonstrate your
unworthiness to forego your petty emotional needs for the greater good
of the other newsgroup participants. You know you're wrong, and your
lack of a rational argument to support your actions, and your descent
into profanity only serve to publicly reveal your pathetic inability
to mount a credible defense for your cowardice and destructive
behavior. Your pseudonym won't shield you from that.

Bertie

Please accept my sincere wish for a happy new year.

Old December 31st 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote in
m:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:52:12 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip

wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote in
m:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:04:22 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote in
news:a4khn3de6frjs57cc2mhd14p2civk2fkjb@4ax. com:

wrote in :

[...]

Physician, heal thyself.

he who wold remove a spliner from another's eye would do wel to remove
the log form his own

I know you are but waht am I?

You know you're wrong, and your
lack of a rational argument to support your actions, and your descent
into profanity only serve to publicly reveal your pathetic inability
to mount a credible defense for your cowardice and destructive
behavior. Your pseudonym won't shield you from that.

Bwawhawhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwha hwhaw!

Shield me?

Bwawhahwhahwahhwahhwha!

You're cluelss :larry, Many people here know exactly who I am.

As to a descent into profanity, I use it where appropriate, djikkhed.

Bertie

Please accept my sincere wish for a happy new year.

Please accept my invitation to go **** yourself.

Bertie

Old December 31st 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_3_]

So far.....

Bertie - 0
Nobody - 0
Larry - 5
RST - 1(+ Bonus)
MX - 2

D.

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:15:46 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

If I understand correctly, the ICAO is putting more stringent requirements for
English for pilots and crew into effect on the first of the year. Is that
true? If so, does anyone know where I can find an official description of the
new requirements? Searching the ICAO site pointed me to a zillion different
pages.

Old December 31st 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dave wrote in
:

So far.....

Bertie - 0
Nobody - 0
Larry - 5
RST - 1(+ Bonus)
MX - 2

Jesus cried, wept and died. I guess he went up to heaven.

Bertie
Old January 2nd 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
Some just ask for it and they are extremely satisfying and unbelievably
easy to wind up.
Some ask for it and it sails over their heads.
Some are just too scary to wind up.
Some it just kind of fizzles out or i feel bad for doing it after.
But with some it never even crosses my mind to wind them up.

Hmm...I wonder which category you've put me into?

Well, either 4 or 5. Usenet is different because there's no physical first
impression. You'd have probably been 5 if i had met you in person. Hard to
know though..

So, you either feel sorry for me, or it'd never have crossed your mind to
wind me up?

I suspect if you *had* met me in person, it is unlikely to have been the
latter

Andy
Old January 2nd 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
Some just ask for it and they are extremely satisfying and
unbelievably easy to wind up.
Some ask for it and it sails over their heads.
Some are just too scary to wind up.
Some it just kind of fizzles out or i feel bad for doing it after.
But with some it never even crosses my mind to wind them up.

Hmm...I wonder which category you've put me into?

Well, either 4 or 5. Usenet is different because there's no physical
first impression. You'd have probably been 5 if i had met you in
person. Hard to know though..

So, you either feel sorry for me, or it'd never have crossed your mind
to wind me up?

I suspect if you *had* met me in person, it is unlikely to have been
the latter

He he! Mebbe!

Hard to know..

Bertie
Old January 2nd 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
He he! Mebbe!

Hard to know..

Indeed. I find that the impression I get of people from the Internet is
almost certainly nothing like what they're like in real life...

Is this where we all start becoming 'facebook' friends just to see what we
look like?

Andy
Old January 2nd 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
He he! Mebbe!

Hard to know..

Indeed. I find that the impression I get of people from the Internet
is almost certainly nothing like what they're like in real life...

Is this where we all start becoming 'facebook' friends just to see
what we look like?

Well there are one or two here who know waht I look like and at least one
who knows me RL Am I the same RL, Rich?

Bertie
Old January 2nd 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:

Well there are one or two here who know waht I look like and at least one
who knows me RL Am I the same RL, Rich?

Good god, I hope not! If you are the same, I can see now why they keep the
cockpit door firmly locked these days!

Andy
Old January 2nd 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:

Well there are one or two here who know waht I look like and at least
one who knows me RL Am I the same RL, Rich?

Good god, I hope not! If you are the same, I can see now why they keep
the cockpit door firmly locked these days!

Well, I have been told I do frighten some people!
usually idiot FOs who try and bull**** me.

Bertie

Where to find list of ICAO airport codes? virtuPIC Piloting 12 December 14th 06 07:43 PM
ICAO Locations [email protected] Piloting 1 July 2nd 06 04:06 PM
Linux: generate ICAO SELCAL tones just like on aviation radio Dan Jacobson Instrument Flight Rules 0 October 11th 04 01:16 AM
ICAO Annex 6 Airwire General Aviation 0 January 10th 04 01:50 PM
Changing from VFR to IFR hawk_spring Simulators 6 October 18th 03 09:41 PM