As Requested: A380_YVR_Debut_29NOV2006__012_.jpg (1/1)

Old December 1st 06, 11:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default As Requested: A380_YVR_Debut_29NOV2006__012_.jpg (1/1)

Now all they have to do is find that many people who ALL want to go to the
exact same place (giant airfield out in the middle of nowhere) at the exact
same time.

"Square Wheels" wrote in message

Old December 1st 06, 07:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Frank[_2_]

"Goofey Grape" wrote in
:

"Starshiy Nemo" wrote in message
Al Denelsbeck a écrit :
Makes me wonder what the wake turbulence is on that wombat.

Maybe it can find additional roles in hurricane busting ;-)

- Al.

Less than a 747

Regards

how can that be? if its bigger than a 747 the wake would be bigger, so
you have no idea what you are talking about....

Wake turbulence is a function of wing loading, not absolute aircraft size.
Old December 1st 06, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Starshiy Nemo

From a well known aeronautical writer !!!!

In more explicit terms, in spite of its imposing size and maximal
take-off mass of up to 560 tonnes, the A380 is a plane like any other.
The long series of tests that ended on the 28th of September proved,
with figures to support them, that the A380 and the 747 are, as far as
slipstream turbulence is concerned, “completely similar” planes. The
only thing left now is to find out how the Civil Aviation Organisation
will regard these achievements.

In Toulouse, their sense of humour hadn’t vanished, in spite of all
this. So, as if it was just by coincidence, we saw the A380 fly in tight
formation with the French airforce Alpha Jet , or again with the Red
Arrow Hawks of the Royal Air Force. These were small jets that obviously
were not untowardly shaken by the big bad wolf. Isn’t that sufficient?
Airbus recently flew four A380s in formation, apparently for an
advertising film.. It was an historical “first” that provided us with
wonderful sights that, lets be frank, would surely have cocked a snook
at those great experts in Montreal.
And so goes the trans-Atlantic rivalry. On certain days there is no
shortage of panache but sometimes, as we note yet once again, it is
frankly pusillanimous.

A+
Old December 1st 06, 08:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
§qu@r3 Wh33£s

On this day of this month, in a year likely to be unrecorded in human
history, Starshiy Nemo wrote:

pusillanimous.

Jeez, haven't heard that (very often) since the great Spiro Agnew and
his 'pusillanimous pussyfooters'!

--
How ya gonna make it baby? That's the question to be asked.
Life goes on around you in so many different ways.

And I, I, I, I'm so confused, which way, which way to choose?
Ride with me baby 'til the end of the day.....

-- Mars Bonfire

Old December 4th 06, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

Al Denelsbeck a écrit :
Makes me wonder what the wake turbulence is on that wombat.

Maybe it can find additional roles in hurricane busting ;-)

- Al.

Less than a 747

That is what the company line was, as it was being designed.

In real life, the wake turbulence is so severe, much more than the 747, that
following separation has been increased.to 10 NM, compared to 6 NM for the 747.

Also, the wake's descent is more pronounced than the 747.\

This is a major blow for Airbus. Any gains in capacity will be negated by the
increased times between takeoff and landing.
--
Jim in NC