Req for help: install.exe missing from Rowan's "Overlord"

Old November 5th 05, 11:16 PM
ant

Default Req for help: install.exe missing from Rowan's "Overlord"

Hi,

I bought a flight sim game called Overlord (by Rowan Software,
distributed by Virgin, a 9 floppy disk set, 3 for game and 6 for svga)
from a charity store, and am trying to install it on my PC. The
instructions say to insert disk 1 of 3 and type 'install' but when I
look at the floppy it has no such file (see dir appended below). I am
definitely using disk 1 of the 3.
I've tried unzipping the rowan.001 but winzip does not recognise it
(asks for the end disk even after I give it).
I gues some weirdo deleted the install.exe
Does anyone have the same game and can they email me the install.exe?

ANOTHER weirdie is that my PC (pentium 1 circa 1996) does not read
(these or all) floppies -just discovered. I am using my office PC to
analyse the disks. Even there, the Windows program, while it dirs a:
ok, claims the files are not there when I try to open them. Perhaps
they are just corrupt?

Nevertheless I live in hope

If anyone has the game and can help, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Ant

dir a:

Volume in drive A has no label.
Volume Serial Number is FA00-0000

Directory of A:\

13/07/1994 16:28 4,002 READ.ME
04/08/1994 15:44 1,415,687 ROWAN.001
17/04/1995 15:50 DIR C
2 File(s) 1,419,689 bytes
1 Dir(s) 0 bytes free
dir a:\c

Volume in drive A has no label.
Volume Serial Number is FA00-0000

Directory of A:\C

17/04/1995 15:50 DIR .
17/04/1995 15:50 DIR ..
17/04/1995 15:51 4,002 READ.ME
17/04/1995 19:29 32,768 COMMAND.COM
2 File(s) 36,770 bytes
2 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

Old November 6th 05, 01:44 PM
Colin

I used to have this one, quite a good sim in its day.

Its now abandonware and you can download it at the Underdogs site, its 12MB
in total, but looks like you grab individual files as well.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2097

Cheers.

Colin

Old November 6th 05, 09:15 PM
ant

Colin wrote:
I used to have this one, quite a good sim in its day.

Its now abandonware and you can download it at the Underdogs site, its 12MB
in total, but looks like you grab individual files as well.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2097

Cheers.

Colin

Thanks a mil, Colin.

Anthony

Old November 13th 05, 09:11 AM
Benny Jørgensen

Hi' Ant !
Had a lot of trouble with this one. A Lot of driver/graphics issues. I
liked it a lot ;O)
Happy Landings
Benny

"ant" skrev i en meddelelse