Moon Project

Old January 15th 04, 08:13 PM
Jim Weir

Default Moon Project

With all the hoopla about the recent discussions regarding sending people to the
planets, I thought I'd share with you something that I've kept in my safe
deposit box for some time now.

www.rstengineering.com/geek has a third-generation photo master scanned original
of the plaque on Apollo 11. I made this photo master from the original artwork
that was used to do the silkscreen/etch on the plaque. Please download the
artwork and enjoy it with my compliments.

It was my honor and distinct pleasure, as a newly minted graduate engineer in
1967 to have landed a job doing a little tiny job in a little tiny corner of the
Apollo project. Whether or not I'll be able to contribute to the current project
or not remains to be seen, but I'll certainly be watching.

Margie, I couldn't find the plaque on the Apollo LEM anywhere in Udar. Could
you take a look next time you walk by and see if it is hidden somewhere? I'd be
glad to loan the photo master if you all would like to make a duplicate plaque.

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com