Singapore AF KC-135

Old November 24th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default Singapore AF KC-135

Going throgh some OLD negs. Quality is a little down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KC-135 copy.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	19661
Old November 24th 07, 04:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Glenn,

At the risk of sounding even more googly-eyed than the lens used for this
photo - do you have any more, err... 'normal' photos of this rather unusual
bird? (Even though you ~did~ include the wing tips... ;^} )

Just haven't seen many photos of the RSAF Stratotankers.

Thanks scads,

Bob ^,,^
Old November 24th 07, 06:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message

Glenn,

At the risk of sounding even more googly-eyed than the lens used for this
photo - do you have any more, err... 'normal' photos of this rather
unusual
bird? (Even though you ~did~ include the wing tips... ;^} )

Just haven't seen many photos of the RSAF Stratotankers.

Thanks scads,

I think I do. I've finally managed to get my wife to move her stuff from in
front of my bookshelves
that have blocked me for about 1 year. Spaceissues. I waited for the kids to
move out . I even tried to encourage them
but the wife thinks they need to leave school first.

but now that I have access to the shelves, I found the negs and i'm going
through them. will take awhile as the scanner is dog slow.
I have a few more wide angle ones on the website as of now. I'm sure I have
normal focal length ones somewhere.

Old November 24th 07, 06:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message

Glenn,

At the risk of sounding even more googly-eyed than the lens used for this
photo - do you have any more, err... 'normal' photos of this rather
unusual
bird? (Even though you ~did~ include the wing tips... ;^} )

Just haven't seen many photos of the RSAF Stratotankers.

Thanks scads,

And a funny story about this photo. I had a wide lens and i needed to get in
pretty close to
fill the feame. I was almost directly under teh nose. I spent about 2-3
minutes there while I waited for a guy to walk out of view.
Then the Pilot came up and started chatting about what typr of shot I was
getting. i showed him, and he was impressed with the angle.
He even chatted to some of the crew about it. Then he gave me a pin as a
momento. Then when I had finished I turned around and saw
a pack of about 60 photographers waiting for me to move to take a photo. Not
one of them moved away from the pack which easily was 30 feet aweay from
where I was.
Some cursed at me for being in their way. I kind of felt sorry that i had
done that to them but I had no idea they were there but I remember
wondering what the value was of 60 plus photographers taking the same shot.

At least I know my view was different

Old November 24th 07, 08:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_3_]

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message

Glenn,

I think I do. I've finally managed to get my wife to move her stuff from
in front of my bookshelves
that have blocked me for about 1 year. Spaceissues. I waited for the kids
to move out . I even tried to encourage them
but the wife thinks they need to leave school first.

Don't be dissing Bron!
She answers my email while the husband.....

Jim Morris

Old November 24th 07, 09:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Glenn" wrote in
:

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message

Glenn,

At the risk of sounding even more googly-eyed than the lens used for
this photo - do you have any more, err... 'normal' photos of this
rather unusual
bird? (Even though you ~did~ include the wing tips... ;^} )

Just haven't seen many photos of the RSAF Stratotankers.

Thanks scads,

I think I do. I've finally managed to get my wife to move her stuff
from in front of my bookshelves
that have blocked me for about 1 year. Spaceissues. I waited for the
kids to move out . I even tried to encourage them
but the wife thinks they need to leave school first.

What? Dakota must be pushing, what? Two or three by now? Surely old
enough to be out on her own! ;^)

but now that I have access to the shelves, I found the negs and i'm
going through them. will take awhile as the scanner is dog slow.
I have a few more wide angle ones on the website as of now. I'm sure I
have normal focal length ones somewhere.

Those are very nice - they show the markings and tip pods well. Thanks!

Bob ^,,^

Old November 24th 07, 09:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Glenn" wrote in
:

[...]

I hate it when I discover I have umwittingly become exactly what I have
been cursing others for at an air show...

He who invents the people polarizer will be called a god.

Old November 24th 07, 09:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Glenn wrote:
[...]

Never mind all that, tell me how you got your wife to shift her stuff.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old November 24th 07, 09:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Jim Morris" wrote in message
news

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message

Glenn,

I think I do. I've finally managed to get my wife to move her stuff from
in front of my bookshelves
that have blocked me for about 1 year. Spaceissues. I waited for the kids
to move out . I even tried to encourage them
but the wife thinks they need to leave school first.

Don't be dissing Bron!
She answers my email while the husband.....

Jim Morris

To be fair Jim,

when you send any email to warbirdz apart from Glenn, they all go to her and
I don't see tehm.

Now, I want to know why you're sending her emails i don't get ;-)
BTW, what are you doing around Oshkosh time next year.

Old November 24th 07, 10:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
Glenn wrote:
[...]

Let's just say, it was a half victory. I got her to move half of it, gave me
access to what I wanted. I basically took the angry gruff approach and it
worked.

However, I have placed some of it smack bang in the middle of the loungeroom
floor and after 4 days, i have quietly mentioned I am about to throw it out
when she's not watching.

It's now in her court :-)