funny

Old October 6th 03, 02:25 PM
Marcus

Barnyard BOb -- wrote in message . ..

Better than a casket, doofus.

This is true. But face it Bob. Your constant head butting with
everyone else, your lack of rationality and your refusal to
acknowledge the validity of anybody elses thinking whatsoever is a
pretty clear indication that you're at least partially brain dead.

If you've got a reasoned argument to present, then present it as best
you can and accept equally reasoned counter-arguments, but this
nonsensical "I'm an old fart! I've seen it all! I know everything!
Nobody else knows ****!" attitude of yours is worth nothing. It's
gotten so old that few are likely to listen to a word you have to say
when it is worthwhile. That's a shame, because you've got a LOT of
experience that would be worthwhile to share.

On the other hand, I guess I can just throw you back in the kill file
for another six months like most folks.

Old October 6th 03, 04:03 PM

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Jerry Springer wrote:

Oh boy I want to get the popcorn out and sit back and watch this one. :-)

It would be a lot more exciting if the anti- auto engine folks had
something substantial to say, instead of just pointing at crashes that
were caused by fuel system, prop, etc., and trying to blame them on the
auto engine. I'd really like to see an objective, factual discussion of
the issue, but this ain't either.

-Dan
Old October 6th 03, 04:11 PM
Barnyard BOb --

(Marcus) wrote:

Better than a casket, doofus.

This is true. But face it Bob. Your constant head butting with
everyone else, your lack of rationality and your refusal to
acknowledge the validity of anybody elses thinking whatsoever is a
pretty clear indication that you're at least partially brain dead.

At least I have my senior years to blame for my behavior.
What is your excuse, dim bulb... or is that your excuse?

If you've got a reasoned argument to present, then present it as best
you can and accept equally reasoned counter-arguments, but this
nonsensical "I'm an old fart! I've seen it all! I know everything!
Nobody else knows ****!" attitude of yours is worth nothing. It's
gotten so old that few are likely to listen to a word you have to say
when it is worthwhile. That's a shame, because you've got a LOT of
experience that would be worthwhile to share.

I know the "reasoned" arguments....
and so does the silent majority here. BUT --
it's like arguing religion and expecting to change
someone's mind. Naturally, passion will take its toll.

IMO, the majority is not only silent on the discussion
of auto conversions.... but exceedingly smart. They
don't have to take **** from the RAH peanut gallery.

Anywhoooo --
As I see it, those that are hellbent on installing auto conversions
are usually the least equipped to succeed for myriad reasons.
If I ruffle their feathers... **** 'em. They are lost souls anyway.
Poking at them is a measure of entertainment before they fade away.

On the other hand, I guess I can just throw you back in the kill file
for another six months like most folks.

Your message here reminds me of what a great pleasure
it is to be in your kill fill. Please return me to it ASAP.

Barnyard BOb -- 50 years of flight
Old October 6th 03, 05:33 PM
Barnyard BOb --

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Jerry Springer wrote:

Oh boy I want to get the popcorn out and sit back and watch this one. :-)

It would be a lot more exciting if the anti- auto engine folks had
something substantial to say, instead of just pointing at crashes that
were caused by fuel system, prop, etc., and trying to blame them on the
auto engine. I'd really like to see an objective, factual discussion of
the issue, but this ain't either.

-Dan

Let's get something straight, Dan.
I'm NOT anti auto conversion.

I am a fine candidate for doing an auto conversion.

Why?
Because I UNDERSTAND WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON -
have the requisite skills and experience as pilot, builder, mechanic
and attitude to approach such a project with a reasonable chance
of success; plus having contacts that can solve problem I can't.
What I lack is drive, energy and commitment at this stage of life.
Plain talk - I'm getting old and tired. I've had my day in the sun.

No brag, just fact.

You want factual discussions, YOU start the ball rolling.
Don't tell anyone what THEY need to do or how to act.

In closing...
I'll never support RAH as an auto conversion forum
for wannabees in search of a "feel good" chat room.

AND, for those that desire serious stuff on conversions,
there are groups dedicated to the task. Serious info and
advice exists there, not here. So, guys like you, Dan...
best move on to where birds of a feather definitely exist.

Barnyard BOb -- 50 years of flight.

Old October 6th 03, 06:06 PM
David Hill

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:
snip
AND, for those that desire serious stuff on conversions,
there are groups dedicated to the task. Serious info and
advice exists there, not here.

snip

Lemme see, yep, I though so, it says it right there at the top:
rec.aviation.homebuilt.

What's the point of having this forum, if for not sharing serious info
and advice? On conversions or any other facet of homebuilding? Did I
miss something? Is this a private party? An entertainment center for
surly curmudgeons?

Tell you what, BOb. I've never met you in person, so I don't know what
you're *really* like. From the way you talk/write, you make it sound
like you're as old as my dad, so in my book you automatically get a
certain amount of respect credited to your account. But you sure seem
to use up that kind of credit fast.

For the record, I've gotten serious responses to my questions, and I try
to give serious responses where I think I can be helpful.

And I'll let you know when I get that Harley motor flying. :-)

--
David Hill, parttime surly curmedgeon
david at hillREMOVETHISfamily.org

Old October 6th 03, 06:47 PM
RobertR237

In article , Barnyard BOb --
writes:

Anywhoooo --
As I see it, those that are hellbent on installing auto conversions
are usually the least equipped to succeed for myriad reasons.
If I ruffle their feathers... **** 'em. They are lost souls anyway.
Poking at them is a measure of entertainment before they fade away.

Now you are starting to sound like Paul Lamar did years ago...who is now
working on putting a Mazda in his plane.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old October 6th 03, 06:56 PM
Morgans

"Treefrog" wrote in message
"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

What's so funny about a Soob in a plane?

I don't know.
What?

I do know.... the last Soob powered local plane crashed,
burned and the pilot became another fatality statistic off the
end of runway. Maiden flight Propulsion issues.

I don't know what kind of crap you get sold in the states but over here
(UK), the standard 2.0l turbo Subaru engine kicks out 208Bhp and is very
very very very very reliable. You could prop hang an ultralight with that
much power!

I am as much pro auto conversion as any person in this group. You are
DREAMING if you think you can rate a 2 liter Soob for 208 HP continuous
output. You are running how many RPM, and how many inches boost to get that
figure? No sane person would run a motor that hard, and depend on it for
hour after hour.

Give me the figures. RPM and amount of boost.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 6th 03, 10:51 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Anywhoooo --
As I see it, those that are hellbent on installing auto conversions
are usually the least equipped to succeed for myriad reasons.
If I ruffle their feathers... **** 'em. They are lost souls anyway.
Poking at them is a measure of entertainment before they fade away.

Now you are starting to sound like Paul Lamar did years ago...who is now
working on putting a Mazda in his plane.

Bob Reed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I like Mazda engines.
I even have one in my Mazda car.

Barnyard BOb --
Old October 6th 03, 11:20 PM
Morgans

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

Anywhoooo --
As I see it, those that are hellbent on installing auto conversions
are usually the least equipped to succeed for myriad reasons.
If I ruffle their feathers... **** 'em. They are lost souls anyway.
Poking at them is a measure of entertainment before they fade away.

Now you are starting to sound like Paul Lamar did years ago...who is now
working on putting a Mazda in his plane.

Bob Reed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I like Mazda engines.
I even have one in my Mazda car.

Barnyard BOb --

*******************************

Go ahead. But................
Jim in NC

Old October 6th 03, 11:20 PM
Barnyard BOb --

David Hill wrote:

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:
snip
AND, for those that desire serious stuff on conversions,
there are groups dedicated to the task. Serious info and
advice exists there, not here.

snip

Lemme see, yep, I though so, it says it right there at the top:
rec.aviation.homebuilt.

What's the point of having this forum, if for not sharing serious info
and advice? On conversions or any other facet of homebuilding? Did I
miss something? Is this a private party? An entertainment center for
surly curmudgeons?

It is indeed an entertainment center for at least one surly
curmudgeon. Could be more. Not my job to count.

Tell you what, BOb. I've never met you in person, so I don't know what
you're *really* like. From the way you talk/write, you make it sound
like you're as old as my dad, so in my book you automatically get a
certain amount of respect credited to your account. But you sure seem
to use up that kind of credit fast.

1. I might be older than your dad.

2 If you want to show some respect as a noble gesture, do it.
If your intention is to meter the amount, cut me off now.

3. Either way, I'm gonna continue to do what I've been doing
way before you showed up here to set your righteous path.

For the record, I've gotten serious responses to my questions, and I try
to give serious responses where I think I can be helpful.

And I've even given serious answers. So what?
Seems there is a small number of newbies here that just
gotta pick at every generality that I utter at every turn.
You'll never see the forest fer the trees that a way.

And I'll let you know when I get that Harley motor flying. :-)

Be sure to lemme know when you scare the crap out
yourself as well.... and the number of times per flying hour.
I'd like to keep stats on how many off field landings you
must endure before you get your head right. g

Harley motors suck on Harleys.
Ford V-6 motors suck in Fords.
How could they be any worse as conversions.

Barnyard BOb --