A New Threat to The USA, Iranian F-14 Tomcats? Answer it ...

Old September 4th 06, 08:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
orko_8

Default A New Threat to The USA, Iranian F-14 Tomcats? Answer it ...

Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot wrote:

As you know F-14 is the strongest interceptor, even now, that every
country dreams of having it...

I would imagine that the lack of orders pouring into Northrop Grumman
for that design would poke a hole in your story.

I think that's the reason why Iran wanted to sell a squadron of her
F-14's to Turkey back in mid 80's.

But on the other hand Iran does spend much effort on keeping her
aircraft airworthy and produce either new missiles or licensed versions
or reverse-engineered ones.

Old September 8th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Ian MacLure

"orko_8" wrote in
s.com:

[snip]

But on the other hand Iran does spend much effort on keeping her
aircraft airworthy and produce either new missiles or licensed versions
or reverse-engineered ones.

None of which have been used in combat.
Kinda makes ya wonder...

IBM
Old September 24th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
anon

[giggle]
Old September 28th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
FatKat

wrote:
Amir - Iranian F-4 pilot wrote:
A New Threat to The USA, Iranian F-14 Tomcats? Answer it ...
Since the US Navy has phased out its fleet of F-14's and AIM-54's and
while, neither the USAF has no aircraft for air engagement for
distances more than 30 miles nor the US Navy, Iran - at the present
time - has more numbers of powerful interceptors of tomcats having
strength of engagement for distances of more than 120 miles away versus
the USA, So that's a new big threat to the USA, because the Iranian
Tomcats not only are armed with AIM-54's but also can be equipped
with new high-efficiency weapons for more threat to USA!!!
So what can do the USA against this new threat?!!

Are you really Tom Cooper???

I read Cooper's Iran/Iraq air war book, and I figure I'd recognize
Cooper's prose if I read it. I know he's got no shortage of non-fans
on this NG, but I doubt that many would confuse overheated posts like
Amir's with Cooper's own. While it's not impossible for TC to have
constructed a carefully consistent alter-ego for the NG (and it would
explain why he hasn't been around that much) I just don't understand
why he'd do it - he's much more effective than Amir.