Support Needed

Old July 8th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Support Needed

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

A really ****ing expensive tailwheel!

I just got an old Scott 2000 off of Ebay for 50 bucks and got some
bushings
and bearings to refurbish it.. 1800 for a tailwheel? They must be on
drugs!

And do't even get me started on what they want for Scott master cylinders!

Bertie

Well whine about it puss, you're start to sound like Anthony, everything
with flying is just too expensive. Maybe he'll burn you a stolen copy of his
simulator software and you can just fly your desk.

Old July 8th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Support Needed, Maxie's jock slips again.

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

A really ****ing expensive tailwheel!

I just got an old Scott 2000 off of Ebay for 50 bucks and got some
bushings
and bearings to refurbish it.. 1800 for a tailwheel? They must be on
drugs!

And do't even get me started on what they want for Scott master
cylinders!

Bertie

Well whine about it puss, you're start to sound like Anthony,
everything with flying is just too expensive. Maybe he'll burn you a
stolen copy of his simulator software and you can just fly your desk.

Actually, no. Everything about flying is not that expensive.

Of course, you have no idea what i was talking about in any case, so I'll
excuse you this time..

Bertie
Old July 8th 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Actually, no. Everything about flying is not that expensive.

Didn't say it was, just that you whine like Mx.

Of course, you have no idea what i was talking about in any case, so I'll
excuse you this time..

You have no idea what you are talking about, you just like to see yourself
type.

Old July 8th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:56:55 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:11:48 -0700 (PDT), Aviator
wrote:

Hey guys, we'd really appreciate your support of our relaunched
aviation store -

www.aviatorwebsite.com

It's an honest attempt to bring a well rounded aviation site, not just
provide a store, but educational aviation material, directories, and a
lot more.

Thanks in advance.

what a useless bloody web site. you dont even sell tailwheels.
thank heavens though that Aircraft Spruce and Specialty, who have a
really useful website, sell a really good tailwheel.

A really ****ing expensive tailwheel!

I just got an old Scott 2000 off of Ebay for 50 bucks and got some bushings
and bearings to refurbish it.. 1800 for a tailwheel? They must be on drugs!

And do't even get me started on what they want for Scott master cylinders!

Bertie

buy the gerdes A-049 type with the inbuilt reservoir.
buy them second hand.
fit them as toe brakes on the rudders.
gerdes was the original manufacturer I think. they are in the AS&S
cattledog as Cleveland model 10-35.
the difference between old reservoirs and new ones is 3 o-rings that
are under $20.
(well 2 o-rings in the master and 1 in the slave pucks.)

tailwheels I meant are the 4" homebuilder's specials. rubber
vulcanised on to an aluminium hub with sloppy crowded races.
they are about $20. they are the best tailwheels going.
I'm on my third one (worn down two).
there are times when overloaded (heavy pax) that my tailwind puts the
tail back on the ground on rotation for liftoff.
I calculated one day that there is an instantaneous spin up of the
tailwheel to 4,500rpm. never had an aircraft spruce one let go. have
had another polyurethane one sieze on the axle and take it off
totally.

Stealth Pilot
Old July 8th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:56:55 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote in
m:

wrote:

[...]

Nah, got some already second hand. Even those were expensive. They're
the cub type diaghram heel brakes.

tailwheels I meant are the 4" homebuilder's specials. rubber
vulcanised on to an aluminium hub with sloppy crowded races.
they are about $20. they are the best tailwheels going.
I'm on my third one (worn down two).
there are times when overloaded (heavy pax) that my tailwind puts the
tail back on the ground on rotation for liftoff.
I calculated one day that there is an instantaneous spin up of the
tailwheel to 4,500rpm. never had an aircraft spruce one let go. have
had another polyurethane one sieze on the axle and take it off
totally.

Wel, I wanted something full swivel and fairly robust. The airplane will
be used for some low time tailwheel pilots.. Anyhow, I got a real nice
2000 which just needs some bearings and a tire..

Bert

Old July 9th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Wel, I wanted something full swivel and fairly robust.

Yeah, hauling your fat ass around, you probably need duals.

The airplane will
be used for some low time tailwheel pilots..

Yeah, like you.

Anyhow, I got a real nice
2000 which just needs some bearings and a tire..

Now if you can just get your bearings.

Squirty the ****drip

Old July 7th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Aviator" wrote in message
Hey guys, we'd really appreciate your support of our relaunched
aviation store -

www.aviatorwebsite.com

It's an honest attempt to bring a well rounded aviation site, not just
provide a store, but educational aviation material, directories, and a
lot more.

Thanks in advance.

Why wouldn't I just call Sporty's instead?