How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Old November 5th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Roy Smith

Default How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Mxsmanic wrote:
A lot of pilots died in the days before instruments. That's why they
are there now.

I can't tell you how many lives were saved by the invention of the valve
trombone. Trying to reach 7th position on a slide in a typical GA cockpit
so often resulted in loss of control.
Old November 5th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

Then you shouldn't have problems navigating without instruments, as you
said earlier, because it's all explained in there. It's the first
chapter only.

The methods are simple. Carrying them out in the real world is very
tedious and awkward. I used to do it, but I don't do it much anymore.

Old November 5th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Roy Smith wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
A lot of pilots died in the days before instruments. That's why they
are there now.

I can't tell you how many lives were saved by the invention of the valve
trombone. Trying to reach 7th position on a slide in a typical GA cockpit
so often resulted in loss of control.

(*spit*)
And another choc shake all over the keyboard....
Old November 5th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Perhaps MX deserves his own entry/warning in the FAQ?

Old November 5th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Dudley Henriques wrote:

"Jose" wrote in message
Tonight, its an Outback Steak for me compliments of my wife and Bob
Noel!!!

Seems like more interesting than the replies is your scorecard. Care to
share?

Tonight makes two dinners at Outback.....one on the Natalie's, and the other
on Bob Noel. The bottle of Jack Daniels is compliments of Blanche.....God
bless Blanche!!!! :-))
Dudley Henriques

Me? What did I do? Not me! I wasn't even there! Never saw anything!
And I have iron clad alibi, too!

Old November 5th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Carraba's and Outback have the same parent company. Notice that
they frequently (not all the time) share parking lots.

Old November 5th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Dudley Henriques wrote:
He should by all means be given credit for every positive response he has
given to those answering him.
I see you mention "several" here, which is definitely a positive. On the
other hand, I see he has posted some 70,000 messages across 557 newsgroups
ranging between June of 1998 and the present. Let me see here........excuse
me while I do the math :-)))

557 newsgroups?

He's not a troll. He has a serious problem that far exceeds anything
I've ever seen! Talk about addicted to newsgroups....

70K+ messages?

Gadzooks, how on earth does he have time to sim? That works out to
24 per day, assuming every day. What about food - no, wait. He eats
at the sim or the computer. Sleep? Work? Live social contact that
doesn't involve a sim or a computer?

Old November 5th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"Blanche" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
He should by all means be given credit for every positive response he has
given to those answering him.
I see you mention "several" here, which is definitely a positive. On the
other hand, I see he has posted some 70,000 messages across 557 newsgroups
ranging between June of 1998 and the present. Let me see
here........excuse
me while I do the math :-)))

557 newsgroups?

He's not a troll. He has a serious problem that far exceeds anything
I've ever seen! Talk about addicted to newsgroups....

70K+ messages?

Gadzooks, how on earth does he have time to sim? That works out to
24 per day, assuming every day. What about food - no, wait. He eats
at the sim or the computer. Sleep? Work? Live social contact that
doesn't involve a sim or a computer?

I'm not absolutely sure, but he might be living proof that sex with a
computer is actually possible.
Dudley Henriques

Old November 5th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Dudley Henriques wrote:
"Jose" wrote in message
m...

Tonight, its an Outback Steak for me compliments of my wife and Bob
Noel!!!

Seems like more interesting than the replies is your scorecard. Care to
share?

Tonight makes two dinners at Outback.....one on the Natalie's, and the other
on Bob Noel. The bottle of Jack Daniels is compliments of Blanche.....God
bless Blanche!!!! :-))
Dudley Henriques

How did we get you the dinner?! I have to stop marking whole threads
read, but when MX shows up I tend to leave.

Margy
Old November 5th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Cirrus wrote:
Hi again guys,

[snip lots of good thoughts]

again. Today mxsmaniac is that duck sitting on the end of the
runway....

I need to ask my brother where he stored his shotgun....