Aircraft Magnetic Compass

Old July 9th 04, 10:31 PM
Quilljar

Default Aircraft Magnetic Compass

Has anyone got a genuine aircraft magnetic compass for sale?
I am in the market for such a gadget UK based

Old July 9th 04, 10:41 PM
Greasy Rider @ Invalid.com

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:31:47 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
proclaimed:
Has anyone got a genuine aircraft magnetic compass for sale?
I am in the market for such a gadget UK based

E-Bay
Old July 10th 04, 12:13 AM
Quilljar

Did that first. No luck, hence this post:-)

Old July 10th 04, 01:04 AM
Oscar

Try this searchstring in Google -- "aircraft parts"+"for
sale"+UK+compass -- did it myself just now and got maybe 1000 hits

http://www.aerocollector.com/advert.htm

SALE OR EXCHANGE: REFLECTOR GUNSIGHT (SPIT ETC) IN BOX USED COMPLETE AND
WORKING £110. G1. USN FLIGHT JACKET GOATSKIN ORIGINAL - ROOMY SIZE 4O" BY
RALPH EDWARDS V.G.C. £155. CAMERA GUN TYPE G45 WITH MAGAZINE £90. COMPASS
TYPE P8 AM IN BOX GOOD ORDER £80. FLYING HELMET 'C' TYPE ALL WIRING PERFECT
£100 PLUS VARIOUS ODDS. TEL: (01277) 631713. FAX: (01277) 631713

http://www.thirtythousandfeet.com/restorat.htm

these 2 look like promising links, but there are plenty more

Good Luck, Oscar

Old July 11th 04, 02:23 AM
Marshall Banana

In alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim Quilljar wrote:
Has anyone got a genuine aircraft magnetic compass for sale?
I am in the market for such a gadget UK based

Aircraft Spruce ships to the UK... They sell non-TSO approved versions
really cheap. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/in/compasses.html The
non-TSO ones look identical to the same model number Airpath compass.

Dan

--
The early bird gets the leftover coffee from the night before
Old July 11th 04, 03:08 PM
Quilljar

Thank-you all very much. My interest is for my car as the many car compasses
I have had are quite quite useless, often 90 degrees out. I always place
them away from metal and always check the car's heading with a bearing
compass. I used to be a squadron compass officer in the Fleet Air Arm, so I
do have some experience. I cannot believe how manufacturers can sell such
rubbish to car drivers.