A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Call to HP14 owners

Old August 5th 18, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Call to HP14 owners

I am in the process of restoring an HP14 and have lots of questions, anyone out here on RAS who owns and flies one of these wonderfull Schreder classics?

P.s. The one I am restoring flew in the 1969 marfa competition and even made a camio appearance in the movie "sun ship game"
Dan
Old August 5th 18, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 4:59:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I am in the process of restoring an HP14 and have lots of questions, anyone out here on RAS who owns and flies one of these wonderfull Schreder classics?

P.s. The one I am restoring flew in the 1969 marfa competition and even made a camio appearance in the movie "sun ship game"
Dan

There is a Yahoo forum for HP gliders:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hp-gliders/info

Good luck restoring the HP14 - keep us posted of the progress.

Uli
'AS'
Old August 6th 18, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hi Uli I have a request in to join the yahoo hp group but waiting on administators approval. My bird is sn77 built in 1969. She spent most of her life in the Tehachapi/So CA area. She needs an extensive clean up/refurbishing but appears to be mechanically sound.
Old August 6th 18, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I would post some pics but don't know how to get them uploaded onto this site.
Old August 6th 18, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blue Whale
external usenet poster

Is Wayne still actively maintaining the site? I haven't seen any new postings for quite some time.

Old August 6th 18, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 9:48:28 PM UTC-4, Blue Whale wrote:
Is Wayne still actively maintaining the site? I haven't seen any new postings for quite some time.

Not sure about that but I joined that group not too long ago to follow the development of the jet-powered HP glider.

Uli
'AS'
Old August 6th 18, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 7:48:28 PM UTC-6, Blue Whale wrote:

Yes, I messaged Wayne. He says there was a 5pm request (Idaho). So Dan should be in the group now.
Old August 6th 18, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, 5 August 2018 20:26:41 UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 7:48:28 PM UTC-6, Blue Whale wrote:

Yes, I messaged Wayne. He says there was a 5pm request (Idaho). So Dan should be in the group now.

Hello all , might not be the right place here , but I am also looking for some help. my name is also Uli so you might call me Ulrich to not getting mixed up . I bought the RHJ 8 from Graham Brown 2 years ago and would like to get it in the air some time . I had one flight in it when picking up in Ottawa . it needs basically only a new paint job on the wings . So if anybody can give me some advise how to proceed with that job .I was planning to use paint stripper . As well I try to figure out where best to place a centre of gravity hook ? The doubleseater got the belly hook removed some time in live and I havent been able to track down where the location was . I want to do winch launching with it.
Old August 6th 18, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Uli the hp group looks to be pretty inactive. But as to the jet power adaptations, have you seen the 1-26 conversion that the Sanders did? I looked it over at the convention this year and talked extensively to old man Sanders (who I already knew from the war bird circles) and his son who did the engineering. It is remarkably simple and wonderfully engineered and mostly consists of off-the-shelf items.
Dan