History Channel

Old July 23rd 03, 11:33 PM
Rosspilot

Default History Channel

Great show on History Channel right now 6:30 PM EDT on private planes.
www.Rosspilot.com

Old July 23rd 03, 11:37 PM
Ron Natalie

"Rosspilot" wrote in message ...
Great show on History Channel right now 6:30 PM EDT on private planes.
www.Rosspilot.com

I'll have to see if I can get it, but ever since the supposed "upgrade" of our
cable systems, I've been unable to get the higher numbered channels like
the Hitler chanenl.

Old July 24th 03, 03:53 AM
BruceG

"Hitler Channel" Ha! I thought my wife and I were the only ones who said
that. Same thing happened here when they (cox) upgraded our system (for a
while). We found History, TLC, Discover hidden in the mid 20's somewhere, I
seem to remember.

How's the plane coming, Ron? I haven't heard from you and Margy since I
left the local email list (and I often fall so far behind here that I just
"catch up" and start over).

Bruce

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

Old July 24th 03, 05:01 PM
Ron Natalie

"BruceG" wrote in message news:TLHTa.22014$o54.7868@lakeread05...
"Hitler Channel" Ha! I thought my wife and I were the only ones who said
that. Same thing happened here when they (cox) upgraded our system (for a
while). We found History, TLC, Discover hidden in the mid 20's somewhere, I
seem to remember.

Well Cox is supposedly coming today to "fix" things. Hopefully the channels
above 13 will start working again. I'm really itching to see Discovery Wings (we
didn't have it on the analog service).

How's the plane coming, Ron? I haven't heard from you and Margy since I
left the local email list (and I often fall so far behind here that I just
"catch up" and start over).

They're just about ready to put the wings back on. We decided to have the thing
painted while we were at it so they stripped the wings and repainted the wheel wells
and the gear legs while it was easier to do with the wings not connected. They've
zinc chromated evertyhing internal they can get to repaired a couple of fuel tank
leaks, replaced one of the aileron cables (frayed), and some broken cable fairleads.
Once you get the plane into this many pieces you got a lot of "you might as wells."
Not big ticket items, but they add up.

They've put the STC engine baffling on the engine (removing the Bonana baffles)
and they're just about ready to hang the new engine mount.

Old July 24th 03, 06:08 PM
Jay Masino

Ron Natalie wrote:
Well Cox is supposedly coming today to "fix" things. Hopefully the
channels above 13 will start working again. I'm really itching to see
Discovery Wings (we didn't have it on the analog service).

Discovery Wings was the only reason I was being tempted to move to digital
cable, but after Comcast ran a few days of Discovery Wings on their
"preview" channel, I determined that it was a waste. Way too much
military stuff, not enough about the basic flying we all do. I'll stick
with the analog service (which is getting expensive enough as it is).

-- Jay

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
http://www2.ari.net/jmasino/ ! ! !

Checkout http://www.oc-adolfos.com/
for the best Italian food in Ocean City, MD and...
Checkout http://www.brolow.com/ for authentic Blues music on Delmarva

Old July 25th 03, 06:59 PM
Big John

History Chanel is advertising a P-51 show at 21:00 either EDT or CDT
tonight (Friday 25 July). They didn't say which one so check listing.
Sounded like the development and combat record of the bird? Nice head
on shots in the trailer.

Big John
51 Jock

Old July 26th 03, 03:02 AM