Who bought ASW-12 S/N 12015?

Old June 20th 12, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Who bought ASW-12 S/N 12015?

I'm just wondering what the new owner has planned for this historic ship. If I had more than $1.97 to my name I would have tried to get her for myself!
Old June 20th 12, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Jun 20, 9:29*am, Judy Ruprecht wrote:
At 05:30 20 June 2012, wrote:

I'm just wondering what the new owner has planned for this historic ship..
If I had more than $1.97 to my name I would have tried to get her for
myself!

There are 6 ASW-12's registered in the US, according to a search of
aircraft registrations at faa.gov. (Using a make/model search, with
"Schleicher" as the manufaturer name and 'AS W 12' as the model.)

No listing for serial # 12015, but 12015x is the serial number listed for a
glider in KS, N-number 124ZS, with a certificate date of 6/19/2012. Check
the listing to see the owner's name & address...

Judy

In Kansas with a N number ending in ZS? Oh who could it be?
Old June 20th 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Yes. It came from Canada, hence not appearing in the FAA database until recently.
Jim

Old June 21st 12, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I forgot about the "X" suffix being on the serial number (it was in the "Owner Maintenance" category for the last several years with its previous owner in Canada). I assumed that the buyer intends to do a full restoration and I'm kind of hoping that it leads to a blog or a story in Soaring. As far as I know the ship was never modified, just repaired when necessary and she was with the same owner almost since new. If I had sold my 15 I probably could have afforded to purchase this glider but there's no way I would have had either the time or money to restore her the way she deserves.
Old June 21st 12, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JP Stewart

On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:30:57 AM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
I'm just wondering what the new owner has planned for this historic ship. If I had more than $1.97 to my name I would have tried to get her for myself!

Steven Leonard in Kansas has it now.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6468841&type=3
and https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...83583419_n.jpg

JP

Old June 21st 12, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I can't wait to see it fly!

Bought my first plane:-D EridanMan Owning 8 May 16th 06 08:22 PM
INSM......Bought more The Visitor Piloting 4 March 18th 06 04:09 AM
bought more INSM The Visitor Piloting 0 February 9th 06 04:09 PM
Who has bought a new Garmin 396? Paul kgyy Piloting 47 August 11th 05 03:46 PM
Have You Bought a Used Homebuilt? KP Edit Home Built 10 February 22nd 05 08:00 AM