Wierd TFR in Mid California

Old May 19th 07, 08:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jackal24

Default Wierd TFR in Mid California

B A R R Y wrote in
:

On Fri, 18 May 2007 13:44:38 -0700, Sylvain wrote:

B A R R Y wrote:

And the begonias?

"Not again..."

you are confusing with the petunias.

It's been a while... G

BTW, the book was far better than the movie. Do you agree?

I watched about 20 minutes of the movie and turned it off. It was horrible.
The books are great. BTW, Towel Day is May 25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_day
Old May 19th 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Peter wrote:
There was also a radio version which was attrocious--my patience for it
lasted about a minute!

You should be burned at the stake for such herecy (sp?). The radio series
was the original, and even today stands the test of time.

Tsk

Andy
Old May 19th 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sat, 19 May 2007 07:51:04 -0000, Jackal24 wrote:

I watched about 20 minutes of the movie and turned it off. It was horrible.
The books are great. BTW, Towel Day is May 25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_day

The things you learn hangar flying. G

I've always got mine!
Old May 19th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 18, 12:32 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
NVArt wrote:
ATC: Traffic Alert! Whales, flight of two, 12 O'Clock low!

Have you ever read "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"? G

"I think I'll call it the ground... I wonder if it will be friends
with me?"

http://tinyurl.com/2umfup

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old May 19th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-05-18 10:14:26 -0700, "Al G" said:

wrote in message
Cool Thanks. I have been to that site many times, but did not think of it
for this case. Last night I do not think it said marine life rescue. It
seems that this is a rather large TFR for a fish. :-)

Anyway, I saw these whales in the river on the news last night. Did not
think they would make a TFR for that. Oh well.

It's a "security" issue.

Al G

Yeah. They want to protect crowds from twisted pieces of falling aluminum.

The original purpose of TFRs was for things like this -- fires, media
circuses, etc., where there might be a lot of official air traffic or
way too many sightseers in the air. You get a whole bunch of planes in
a constricted area where all the pilots are looking at the ground
instead of for each other, and there will be trouble. Hence, the TFR.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old May 20th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"C J Campbell" wrote

Yeah. They want to protect crowds from twisted pieces of falling aluminum.

Well, to be fair, they want to protect them from falling fiberglass and
carbon fiber, and wood and fabric, and steel and fabric ,,,,,, ALSO !!! g
--
Jim in NC

Old May 23rd 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("C J Campbell" wrote)
Yeah. They want to protect crowds from twisted pieces of falling aluminum.

Running with the whales ...theme:

You mean ...falling "transparent aluminum," don't you? :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_aluminum

Montblack
[Spock is still learning how to use profanity correctly]

Spock: "They like you very much, but they are not the hell "your" whales."
Dr. Gillian Taylor: "I suppose they told you that."
Spock: "The hell they did."

Old May 26th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

I flew over the area yesterday late afternoon and didn't see any
evidence of the whales: no flotilla of rescue boats, nuthin'. Later
in the weekend I'll try again.
--
I was taking my little nephew to disneyland, but i decided to
play a mean trick. i pulled up next to an old, burned down