$50 SPOT rebate

Old November 21st 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default $50 SPOT rebate

I notice SPOT is offering a $50 rebate until the end of the year. I also
noticed it was $200 at Costco, $150 after rebate, but the online stores
still show them for sale for at less than $150. I don't know the
specifics of the rebate offer - I have a SPOT already, and my wife loves it.

www.findmespot.com

If you want one for next year, probably should check into this.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old November 21st 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

You can see details of the rebate in the PDF file on my SPOT page.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/spot.htm

Also, they just announced SPOT Service Certificates which make it possible
to pre-purchase the service. That makes it easier to give SPOT units as a
gift. Without the gift certificates it was tough to give a SPOT as a gift
because the recipient would have to then pay the $150 for the first year of
service. Now you can buy the SPOT hardware from your dealer (such as me)
and buy the SPOT Service Certificate directly from the SPOT web site. The
gift recipient then uses the SPOT Service Certificate to activate the
service. You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/spot.htm

Yesterday I had a customer order 18 SPOT units to give as gifts. I bet you
all hope he's your friend!

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Old November 21st 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

On Nov 20, 8:59*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
I notice SPOT is offering a $50 rebate until the end of the year. I also
noticed it was $200 at Costco, $150 after rebate, but the online stores
still show them for sale for at less than $150. I don't know the
specifics of the rebate offer - I have a SPOT already, and my wife loves it.

www.findmespot.com

If you want one for next year, probably should check into this.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* * * New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org

I just ran a scan of my electronic bank statements. Over a 10 year
period there was not a single rebate check deposit despite having
applied for scores of them. I am certain I have never received a
single promised rebate.

I refuse to buy based on rebates scams. Instead, I ask the vendor to
give me the discount up front and apply for the rebate themselves.
None have ever taken me up on that offer - I'm sure they know the
rebate check will never appear.
Old November 21st 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

That sure is interesting feedback on rebates in general.

I guess it comes down to whether or not the company offering the rebate is
trustworthy. My dealings with SPOT have me believing that they are very
trustworthy. Heck, I'm trusting them to rescue me if I need help in an
emergency. I guess I can trust them with a $50 rebate check. However, I'm
pretty sure they use a "rebate company" to handle the rebates.

There are many reasons why companies do rebate offers. One big reason is to
gain information on where their products are being sold. Since the customer
needs to send them a receipt to get the rebate, the company learns a bit
about its customer base. That (theoretically) allows them to serve their
customers better. It also allows them to check on their dealers to see if
any are selling at levels lower than the recommended market price levels. I
don't have a problem with either of those goals. Another goal of rebates is
to increase sales by lowering the final cost - although delayed.

I'm not a big fan of rebates either, but as a customer I wouldn't pass up
the possibility to get $50 back on a $149.95 product.

As a dealer, I can't give you a $50 discount on the unit, because I would
lose money on the sale.

Of course, I'm biased because I'm a SPOT dealer.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 22nd 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

bildan wrote:

I just ran a scan of my electronic bank statements. Over a 10 year
period there was not a single rebate check deposit despite having
applied for scores of them. I am certain I have never received a
single promised rebate.

Better give up flying, Bill! You are so unlucky, you should not even
stand close to things plugged into the wall AC for fear lightning with
strike you. I probably get 10+ rebates a year, and can't recall ever
missing one.

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

telex headphone rebate Mike Noel Piloting 0 November 10th 07 03:29 AM
AOPA rebate gone? Robert M. Gary Piloting 15 September 14th 06 03:23 AM
WingX Pro Solution - $40 rebate until the end of June 2006! Hilton Software LLC Products 0 June 22nd 06 12:12 AM
Rebate for FS2004? Doug Simulators 2 February 10th 04 09:43 PM
Any Upgrade Rebate of FS2004? Paul Dowgewicz Simulators 2 August 13th 03 12:30 AM