Flight Planner vs. FS Navigator

Old March 3rd 04, 05:41 PM
Dave Schwartz

Default Flight Planner vs. FS Navigator

What does FS Navigator do that Flight Planner doesn't?
Does Flight Planner enter the radio frequencies into the radio
automatically?
Does it enter everything into Auto Pilot automatically? Can I create a
flight plan and engage auto pilot and just sit back and watch? This I know
can be done on FS Navigator.

--
Dave Schwartz
Commack, NY

Old March 4th 04, 05:26 AM
Jim Kaye

Flight Planner allows you to create a flight plan which can be activated and
flown using ATC. You will be directed to change radio frequencies, which
you can either do yourself or let the sim do it for you. It will not engage
the autopilot for you, but neither does FSNav. With Flight Planner, ATC
will direct you to follow their instructions. You repeat their instructions
by typing a number, enter changes in heading and/or altitude, and adjust the
rate of climb or descent if necessary. Sometimes you choose between
landing gear, flaps, spoilers, perform the landing, and taxi to the gate or
parking. This seems to me much closer to real instrument flying.

FSNavigator, once you elect to fly the FSNav flight plan will climb to the
predetermined altitude, make course changes, descend and line you up with
the runway if you have set up the flight plan to do that. You need to
adjust flap settings and put the landing gear up and down. You still need
to take over manually for the final landing. This is less demanding and
allows more sight-seeing.

I recently added a second monitor so I can use FSNav on the second screen to
change radio frequencies, altitudes, airspeed, etc. Another option is to
create the flight plan with FSNav, then export it to Flight Planner. This
way the plane usually more or less follows the headings set up with FSNav,
but this is not always true.

Hope this helps.

Jim Kaye
. net...

Old March 4th 04, 03:00 PM
Roy

does fs nav allow one to enter coordinates as waypoints or are you limited
to just using airports / intersections as waypoints?

Old March 4th 04, 04:41 PM

You can point to any spot on the map, click, and drag that spot to the
flight plan. The status bar at the bottom of the screen shows the
coordinates of the pointer.
Careful, release the mouse at the correct spot in the flight plan, or the
route can get messed up. Thank goodness for "undo" LOL.
.......joisey

hlink.net...

Old March 4th 04, 05:14 PM
Roy

cool. I'll have to give it a try now that I've got some free time. Weather
here sucks so I can't fly today so I may as well sim!

Roy

hlink.net...