Israel Threatens to Hit Damascus-Next step of A Clean Break?:

Old July 3rd 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Ian MacLure

Default Israel Threatens to Hit Damascus-Next step of A Clean Break?:

[snip]

Israel need not hit Damascus. All they need do is hit Assad's house
near Latakia with a 2000 lb bomb.

Or that palace the Assads have east (IIRC) of Damascus.
They could probably do that with ground launched rockets.

IBM
Old July 3rd 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Ian MacLure

wrote in
oups.com:

Report: Israel Threatens To Assassinate Palestinian PM If Militants
Don't Release Captured Soldier...

Well as I stated before I hope I have time to get the
popcorn ready.
Will it be pay per view or broadcast?

IBM
Old July 3rd 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Ian MacLure

Matt Giwer wrote in
:

Dean A. Markley wrote:

Israel need not hit Damascus. All they need do is hit Assad's house
near Latakia with a 2000 lb bomb.

How does that act of war improve matters?

Attitude adjustment.
Makes it clear to them they are responsible for their
surrogates.
And-uh it makes the Syrians look powerless.
Plus its fun seein' Asshat palaces goes kerblooie...

IBM

Old July 3rd 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Johnny Bravo

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 02:15:49 GMT, Matt Giwer
wrote:

You keep calling them terrorists when they have every right to kill Israelis
and destoy military assets. They have a lawful resistance movement.

The Third Geneva convention has several requirements for a resistence movement
to be "lawful" and thus gain the protection of the conventions. Wear a uniform
or symbol identifiable at a distance, openly carry their arms and conduct "their
operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war" to include not
targeting civilians, using civilians as cover or hiding among civilians.

Using men wearing civilian clothing to fire mortars into Israeli towns with
weapons manufactured and stored in refugee camps, using a plan developed by
commanders hiding in the middle of a crowded apartment block fails on all three
counts. That makes them terrorists, not a "resistance movement".

Old July 3rd 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Matt Giwer

Robert Kolker wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:
In addition to my response to him please tell me how this is a
good response? Even if the US had no treaties with the Indians how
does the comparison to Wounded Knee make Israel look good? These days
we cheer for the Indians at Little Big Horn. Why do you think he
invites cheering the Palestinians because they are being treated like
the Indians?

Good for the goose, good for the gander. I think it is unjust to ask the
Israelis to be better than we are.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

First get treaties with the Palestinians ceded land to the murderous Zionists.
Then we can talk.

--
The good thing about the Hamas win in Palestine is the US stopped pushing
for democratic elections in Syria. The only way to get sense into a neocon
Old July 3rd 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Ian MacLure

Andrew Venor wrote in news:n7Odnc_YqKX4gzrZnZ2dnUVZ_o-
:

[snip]

Do you mean the Golan Heights, where the Syrian Army had been firing
artillery down on Israeli civilians for the eighteen years preceding the
1967 war?

Nah, couldn't be.
Must be some other Golan Heights.
Yeah, thats the ticket....

IBM
Old July 3rd 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Matt Giwer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 21:48:42 -0500, Robert Kolker wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:
Does a nation of war criminals have a right to survive?

If they have the might. The U.S. became a great nation by practicing
genocide on the aboriginal nations. That is how The West Was Won. Dead
Injuns.

I think the Israelis should give it all back the day after the U.S.
returns the Great Plains to the descendants of the Indians whom our
predecessors killed to get the land. When do you think that will happen?

Great Plains? We want our whole continent back white man, and take all
the descendants of the Spainards with you.

Neither Spain nor Portugal ever went through the formality of treaties. With
them you have a legal position.

--
America did not learn from a one day strike by illegals. The only way to
teach America a real lesson is to go back to Mexico until America begs you to
Old July 3rd 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Ian MacLure

Matt Giwer wrote in
:

[snip]

Do you mean the Golan Heights, where the Syrian Army had been firing
artillery down on Israeli civilians for the eighteen years preceding
the 1967 war?

Actually I was refering to the shelling of Israelis who were living
on stolen
Syrian land fronting the Sea of Galilee. Syria certainly has a right to
shell its own territory

Israel begs to differ and they are able to enforce their
preferences directly.

I have similarly suggested Syria lease the Heights to Iran as a
down range
missile test range.

And Israel could make Damascus the target area for an artillery
range. Its that close. Wouldn't be a whole lot the Syrians could do
about that.
Not to mention that having Iranian rockets overflying Iraq might have
other consequences..

If there was a dispute over the land in question then it could
certainly have
been put to international arbitration.

The Israelis aren't likely to agree to that things being the way
they are.

In any event, despite the Israeli propaganda, Moshe Dayan give the
real and
only reason for provoking Syria. To steal the land. That is what he
said. It has been confirmed by his daughter.

Yeah right.

It was this revelation which shot down the Israeli propaganda. The
propaganda
has been discredited. There is no point in trying to resurrect it today.

Jeeez, Fugginazi revisionist history, gotta love it.

IBM

Old July 3rd 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Johnny Bravo

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 02:33:37 GMT, Matt Giwer
wrote:

As I said, the boy in the picture was murdered by an Israeli sniper. That is
what is called cold-blooded murder.

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation.
Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the
only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and
execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

You've got to be all kinds of stupid to be throwing rocks at people armed with
guns. You've got to be just as stupid, if not more so, to allow your kid to be
running around throwing rocks at people with guns.
Old July 3rd 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Ian MacLure

Matt Giwer wrote in
news
Jordan wrote:
Rob Arndt wrote:
Israel need not hit Damascus. All they need do is hit Assad's house
near Latakia with a 2000 lb bomb.

My thoughts exactly... why shatter the windows of Assad's palace when
you can shatter the ENTIRE palace with Assad in residence??? I think
THAT message would be much clearer to Damascus.

Yeah. In the *******'s last, pain-filled moments of life he might
think "Hey! I should have just stayed in the West and been an ordinary
guy, instead of following in my father's footsteps as an Evil Dictator.

How about his last agonies being breathing cyanide? Would that make
you feel
better.

Not really.
I'd want him to spend his last moments pinned to a wall with a bayonet
wielded by the largest Israeli of Ethiopian extraction they could find.

What did he ever do to you? The man has offered peace to Israel
three times in
return for the Syrian Heights and every time Israel has refused. You
hate him because he has called Israel's bluff?

Offered peace?
Yeah, right.
And just how could Syria be trusted.

I'm still happy that Zarqawi died slowly, in pain, and in the knowledge
that he had been captured. I hope that he went to Hell in full
awareness of the fact that the Americans had captured his secret
organizational documents and now had the ability to roll up his
network.

You would have made a great Nazi. You have all the right instincts.

This from an outed Fugginazi.

Talk about irrational hatred. What did Zarqawi ever do to you?

Zarqawi was an al-Qaeda leader. For that alone he deserved
a painful prolonged death.

It's always a Happy Moment when people like that get what they deserve.
Too bad Arafat died of natural causes.

But at least the Palestinian rat*******s are getting some suffering now
to teach them that Terrorism Does Not Pay ...

If you ever ask how Nazis came to feel about Jews as they did you
need only
look at your feelings towards non-Jews to understand. Tell me you love
Christians to deflect the non-Jews identification of your hatred. It is
simply the one hatred you can express openly and feel justified as a
zionazi in doing so.

I doubt very much he has problems with non-Jews.
What he and much of the world have a problem with is Islam.
Or at least what its proponents claim is Islam. Muslims living
here in the West regularly claim in public that al-Qaeda is
perverting Islam. Oddly enough the major centers of Islamic
jurisprudence in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Syria don't seem to
agree. Somebody isn't telling the truth.

IBM