LS-4 Canopy Gas Strut Replacement?

Old August 20th 20, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chuck Werninger

Default LS-4 Canopy Gas Strut Replacement?

It seems the gas strut that assists the canopy on my LS-4 has given up the ghost. Can anyone tell me where we can get a replacement without having to order one from Germany?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Werninger
Soaring Club of Houston
LS-4 VL
Old September 6th 20, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gianni Isotope

I had the same issue recently with my LS7. Per another suggestion on RAS, I ordered a replacement from LS Technologies in Canada ( www.lstechnologies.ca ). They will need to know the pressure rating, center to center extended length, rod diameter, and size of the end holes (diameter and length). My replacement was $38 CAD plus shipping. The replacement did not have bearings in the end holes, but installs easily and works fine.