Mother Fokker or Mark IV Talks Warplanes

Old April 20th 11, 05:02 PM posted to alt.support.depression.manic,rec.aviation.piloting,misc.writing,rec.aviation.military
Mark

Default Mother Fokker or Mark IV Talks Warplanes

http://gayincarolina.jottit.com/mark_knows_ww1_!!

Next I will discuss the profound historical implications on the
development of aerial warfare of World War I, as viewed from the
contributions of Anthony Fokker's synchronized firing mechanism. Once
he'd achieved this intermittent machine gun which fired between the
propellers, warfare was forever changed to an extent that continues
today. Supremacy of the air still dictates who will have an
advantage in combat.

Major Charles Biddle, (born May 13, 1890) greatly understates the
importance of this when he says:
´There is no mystery about a machine gun firing through a propeller
without hitting the blades. Nearly everyone understands the principle
by which the valves of a gasoline motor are timed so as to open and
close at a given point in the revolution of the engine. In the same
way a machine gun may be timed to shoot. On the end of the cam shaft
of the motor is plaved an additional cam. Next to this is a rod
connected with the breech block of the gun. When the gun is not being
fired the rod is held away from the cam by a spring. pressing the
trigger brings the two in contact , and each time the cam revolves it
strikes the rod which in turn trips the hammer of the gun and causes
it to fire."

But Ladies and Gentlemen, I suggest to you that the real focus here
should be on the early life of young Anthony Fokker. You see, Fokker
was born in what is now Indonesia, the son of a Dutch coffee grower.
The family returned to Holland when he was young, and by the time he
was a teenager Fokker had grown into a clever builder and inventor.

*How was this all possible? What made him such a whiz kid like me?*

It was his mother. Yes, Mother Fokker. What an inspiration that
Mother Fokker was. Who among us cannot honestly say that we too were
inspired by our Mom? So I say to you, as Mother's day approaches, let
us reflect on our freedoms and the inspiration that has touched all
your lives by the contributions of that Mother Fokker.

You may get up off the floor ROFLYAO is so childish.
--
http://cc.st/My-Twitter-Page
http://cc.st/My-Bio
Old April 21st 11, 04:39 AM posted to alt.support.depression.manic,rec.aviation.piloting,misc.writing,rec.aviation.military
Eunometic

On Apr 21, 2:02*am, Mark wrote:

It was his mother. *Yes, Mother Fokker. *What an inspiration that
Mother Fokker was. *

You couldn't help yourself could you.
Old April 21st 11, 08:59 PM posted to alt.support.depression.manic,rec.aviation.piloting,misc.writing,rec.aviation.military
Mark IV

On Apr 20, 11:39*pm, Eunometic wrote:
On Apr 21, 2:02*am, Mark wrote:

It was his mother. *Yes, Mother Fokker. *What an inspiration that
Mother Fokker was. *

You couldn't help yourself could you.

Well, you knew it was coming didn't ya?

---