Diana 2 has flown its maiden flight!

Old January 13th 05, 03:43 PM
Rumun

cernauta wrote:
Very nice pictures, and a nice glider.
What about certification? will it get JAR certificate?
Can someone translate the most sognificative parts of the polish text?

Here You'll find some info in english:

http://www.dianasailplanes.com/szd55.html

rgrds,
Rumun
Old January 13th 05, 04:29 PM
Bruce

Janusz Kesik wrote:
BEAUTIFUL!!! It's a must see!

JK

Użytkownik "batched" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

http://www.gorpol.pl/lotnictwo/diana/2/diana2.html

--
BlueS.batched
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''

The question is whether the beautiful cockpit is big enough to fit 186cm and 100kg.

Somehow I doubt it...
Old January 13th 05, 04:36 PM
Stewart Kissel

Out of curiousity....is the rate of participation in
racing any higher in Europe then elsewhere?(I only
can look at the US and Canada, where it is less then
5%). Without getting into a flame war about racing,
do the manufacturers dream up new classes in order
to push product? In strong conditions would not a
15 meter ship compete quite well with its longer winged
brothers? I know, racing only occurs in weak conditions

At 16:00 13 January 2005, Nick Olson wrote:
There was some rumours of an 18m version and a 22m
Open Class version - any news on these?
The 15m racing class will probably be a dead duck
in 5 years time. (at least in Europe)

Old January 13th 05, 04:50 PM
cernauta

--=JJay=-- wrote:

My inglish isn't too good but i'll try to translate part of this text,
the impressions of test pilot Mariusz Stajewski after few first flights.

Thank you very much!

Aldo
Old January 13th 05, 04:52 PM
--=JJay=--

Bruce napisał(a):
The question is whether the beautiful cockpit is big enough to fit 186cm
and 100kg.

Somehow I doubt it...

There is no problem with this. On the 9.01.05 a well known, to those who
were on last Worlds in Leszno, Jacek Dankowski who is 194 cm tall and
weights more than 100 kg has tested the cockpit capacity. He said that
he feels comfortable in it.
Another myth is that the side stick is uncomfortable. The truth is that
only for those who havent been flying Diana

Regards
--
--=JJay=--
www.aeroklub.deblin.pl, moje zdjęcia na airfoto.pl - http://tiny.pl/pkv
Old January 13th 05, 05:06 PM
An Empty Pocket

"Nick Olson"
The 15m racing class will probably be a dead duck
in 5 years time. (at least in Europe)

mmm, that´s wise foresee means that in a five years time i will be able to
get a 15m racing class ship(e.g. an ASW-27) for free?

Old January 13th 05, 07:27 PM
Nick Olson

At 18:00 13 January 2005, An Empty Pocket wrote:
'Nick Olson'
mmm, that´s wise foresee means that in a five years
time i will be able to
get a 15m racing class ship(e.g. an ASW-27) for free?

No, unfortunately, for the same reasons you won't get
any ex competition type sailplane for free!

All major European manufacturers are making 18m class
ships (I believe DG are not making a 15m version of
the LS10 now? -at least according to their west coast
US agent)

Performance differences between Std and 15M class in
European conditions are fairly small - the writings
on the wall and been there a while.

Old January 14th 05, 12:18 AM
Kevin Christner

I think your claimed demise of the 15m class might be a bit premature.
It is still the most popular class in the US and 2nd most popular in
all of the recent World/European championships.

Kevin

Nick Olson wrote:
At 18:00 13 January 2005, An Empty Pocket wrote:
'Nick Olson'
mmm, that=B4s wise foresee means that in a five years

Old January 14th 05, 12:53 AM
Janusz Kesik

The space is not a problem, it mr Dankowski fits into a new Diana (as
someone posted a while earlier), then it has to be very roomy. Such a
tall man needs a really large cockpit.

Regards,

--
Janusz Kesik