size comaprison: B-36 & B-29

Old January 9th 08, 12:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
centerplace

Default size comaprison: B-36 & B-29

as always, with thanks to the original poster

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XB-36 with B-29 parked close for size comparison.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	21139
Old January 9th 08, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pa[_3_]

"John Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"centerplace" wrote:

begin 666 XB-36 with B-29 parked close for size comparison.jpg

... with the BIG single main tire landing gear!

Last weekend I took a photo of the B-36 at the NMUSAF on the production
gear with single tire in the foreground for comparison.

What Memories!

I helped drain the Oil Tanks just before she went to Scrap!

(1950 I recall.)

Old January 11th 08, 02:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Chris D

"centerplace" wrote in message
as always, with thanks to the original poster

Great size comparison. The B-36 is impressive now and just in this photo. I
can only imagine how impressive this ac would have been to people back in
the late 40 and early 50's. Incredible stuff!

Interesting how the B-36 has a towing tractor hooked up to each set of
wheels. Presumably there's a 3rd tractor on the other side. I guess that
size ac and just the one small tractor would have been real slow tow.

Chris

Old January 11th 08, 10:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Graham

Probably the B-36 needed to be so big so Jimmy Stewart could fit in it with
his long legs..(ie "Strategic Air Command" movie...)

u...

File size Maple1 Aviation Photos 1 June 16th 07 03:31 AM
Picture size P & H Macguire Aviation Photos 31 May 17th 07 01:19 AM
What size hole saw do I use? [email protected] Home Built 22 July 16th 05 08:21 AM
Size does matter HECTOP Piloting 59 May 13th 04 11:48 PM
LS4 - LS6 Fuselage size Mark Soaring 15 November 3rd 03 03:47 AM