XCSoar on my Motorola Xoom...

Old February 25th 11, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default XCSoar on my Motorola Xoom...

What is it? Software or Hardware?
Old February 25th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Feb 25, 2:54*pm, Sean Fidler wrote:
What is it? *Software or Hardware?

or vaporware
Old February 25th 11, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake[_2_]

google is your friend...
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/02/zte...el-qi-display/
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/02...tion-ink-adam/
and many more
Old February 26th 11, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Feb 25, 4:07*pm, Craig wrote:
On Feb 25, 2:54*pm, Sean Fidler wrote:

What is it? *Software or Hardware?

or vaporware

Hmmm, I have seen many videos of the supposed vaporware screens
running on the Notion Ink Adam.

If you want a 10" display the Notion Ink Adam runs about $500 with
wifi and Pixel Qi display.

Those waiting for the 7", ZTE is first to announce but not likely the
only one. So far they only have 3G with wifi so a little more
expensive. I am guessing from prices of similar models from ZTE about
$400 to $600 USD.

The NI Adam will run 3.0, not sure if the ZTE Light 2 will be able to
with the current processor, it is still at 2.2.

There will be many others soon, I am guessing even an iPad with the
Pixel Qi or similar screen. I would not build a panel around any of
the current tablets unless it has one of the new sunlight readable
displays. This market will change quickly in the next two years.

Old February 26th 11, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Feb 25, 5:34*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Feb 25, 4:07*pm, Craig wrote:

[...]

Pixel Qi screened devices seem to be the ones to wait for. Actually
B&W E ink screens would be great if they were on android OS machines
that would run XCSoar or LK8000. We really do not need color, and from
what I understand the Pixel Qi screens loose vivid colors in bright
sunlight becoming nearly B&W.

Mike