Volkslogger issue

Old May 25th 12, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bernie[_3_]

Default Volkslogger issue

I purchased a used Volkslogger and it works fine, but the I can't seem
to get rid of the previous owner's Home Waypoint. I have downloaded
the waypoints from the logger and uploaded mine, but the Home Waypoint
stays. When I upload the flight, the departure point is the home
waypoint even though I have not entered it.

Any Volkslogger experts have an idea?

LL
Old May 25th 12, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Pentecost

If I remember correctly, the Home point is in the Flight Info section
FAIEDITINFOHOM

You should then be able to either edit the HOM point coordinates or select
from a list of waypoints in the device.

You could also change this info on your PC (it will be in the same area as
the Pilot Name, Glider type, Class etc) and upload the flight info to the
Volkslogger.

This link will get you the manual:
http://www.uppsalafk.com/segel/dokum...ger_vl174e.pdf
Page 17 talks about the home point as part of INFO.

By the way the VL is great as a back-up logger. I have extracted a
successful trace even with the glider battery volts below 7V and everything
else shut-down due to lack of volts. Just remember to clear the memory
frequently as once it is full, the VL will stop recording.

Good luck,
Regards,
Roy

Old May 25th 12, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bernie[_3_]

On May 25, 1:52*am, Roy Pentecost wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply Roy. I have always declared flights, uploaded
waypoints and and downloaded flights via Winpilot and SeeYou, so am
not very skilled at using the VL internal software. I did edit the
"new" loggers FAI data but didn't go far enoug to see the Home
Airport part. I changed that and all is well. Thanks Much,

Bernie LL

Volkslogger Chris Nicholas[_2_] Soaring 0 May 6th 12 09:42 PM
Volkslogger help Laura betzoldt Soaring 2 April 1st 10 01:14 AM
Volkslogger Issue Roger Fowler[_2_] Soaring 2 July 7th 09 01:45 AM
Volkslogger Going fer it Soaring 1 February 17th 04 04:43 AM
WTB: volkslogger GH Soaring 0 November 9th 03 02:27 AM