Cell phone Aviation weather data

Old August 5th 05, 07:20 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:42:35 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
wrote in
::

I'd look at the poster IP data in the header

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain how Outlook and Outlook
Express users can view the message header fields.

Outlook Express, Outlook for some reason I've never been able to understand
has no news reader.

In the quick view window...
Right click the message subject. Select properties and then details tab.

If you read it in a window by itself properties is under the file menu.

Old August 5th 05, 07:23 PM
Gary Drescher

"Jose" wrote in message
Yes, but "spouting off" to people of opposing viewpoints is a crucial
element of democracy, however unwelcome it is to those opponents.

No it isn't. Intellegent discourse is the crucial element, as is the
=freedom= to engage in it (which brings with it the freedom to spout off).

Important difference.

True, but the target group's assessment of the merits of a protester's
discourse is seldom flattering, or reliable. I've seen only a subset of
Skylune's posts, but among those, the level of logical coherency and factual
support strikes me as average or above for political discussions here, and
the level of personal abrasiveness likewise seems no worse than average. I
don't think it harms us to be exposed to occasional dissent of that sort.

--Gary

Old August 5th 05, 07:47 PM
Terry Briggs

I may be getting the drift. Like, as far as we know, this guy could be
annoying his neighbors with his jet-ski, or snow-mobile, or dirt-bike, but
he ignores the fun things he does that lower the quality of life for beings
around him and focuses on the folks who fly?

Might he be a closet hypocrite?

Terry

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Terry Briggs wrote:

What's this guy done to generate such animosity?

Imagine the feelings posters in rec.hunting would have to a PETA organizer
spouting off in their group.

George Patterson

Old August 5th 05, 08:21 PM
ORVAL FAIRAIRN

Terry Briggs wrote:

What's this guy done to generate such animosity?

Imagine the feelings posters in rec.hunting would have to a PETA organizer
spouting off in their group.

Yes, but "spouting off" to people of opposing viewpoints is a crucial
element of democracy, however unwelcome it is to those opponents.

--Gary

The problem is that "Skylune" is a washout, with about 16 hours of
flight time. He acts as if he is an authority and comes across as the
proverbial turd in the punchbowl.

He has no constructive ideas and states that his mission is to make it
as hard on GA pilots as possible. IMHO, that is about like Osama Bin
Laden posting on a US political NG.
Old August 5th 05, 10:33 PM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:23:45 -0400, "Gary Drescher"
wrote in
::

I don't think it harms us to be exposed to occasional dissent of that sort.

Right. Quite the contrary actually.

Who was it that said, "keep your friends close, and your enemies
closer."?

Worst case, 'loon will sensitize airman to the views of non airman.
In fact, his Usenet persona may be a sock-puppet created just for that
purpose.

Old August 5th 05, 11:22 PM
RST Engineering

Josef Stalin.

Jim

Old August 6th 05, 03:27 AM
Larry Dighera

Who was it that said, "keep your friends close, and your enemies
closer."?

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:22:54 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote in
::

Josef Stalin.

Jim

BZZzzzT! Wrong, but thanks for playing. :-)

“To know your enemy, you must become your enemy.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.”
~ Sun Tzu, Chinese general and philosopher, circa 500 B.C.E.

Old August 6th 05, 04:00 AM
George Patterson

Gary Drescher wrote:

Yes, but "spouting off" to people of opposing viewpoints is a crucial
element of democracy, however unwelcome it is to those opponents.

Be that as it may, hostile actions evoke anger and hostility in return. That's
where the animosity comes from.

George Patterson
Old August 6th 05, 04:05 AM
George Patterson

Terry Briggs wrote:
I may be getting the drift. Like, as far as we know, this guy could be
annoying his neighbors with his jet-ski, or snow-mobile, or dirt-bike, but
he ignores the fun things he does that lower the quality of life for beings
around him and focuses on the folks who fly?

Might he be a closet hypocrite?

There's no indication of that, and it's probably irrelevant. What he *has* done
is state repeatedly that what we are doing is entirely to dangerous for
amateurs, we should not be allowed to do it, and he is going to do everything he
possibly can to make sure that we are stopped. He also expresses delight in any
general problem we may have.

George Patterson
Old August 6th 05, 04:26 AM
ORVAL FAIRAIRN

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

Josef Stalin.

Jim

Who was it that said, "keep your friends close, and your enemies
closer."?

Sun Tszu.