Albuquerque Soaring Club seeks pilots

Old October 12th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Albuquerque Soaring Club seeks pilots

The Albuquerque Soaring Club, based at Moriarty, NM, is actively
seeking soaring pilots who want to join in the exceptional flying
conditions found in the high desert of New Mexico. Come fly with us!
The best season-long X-C conditions are found here!

If you do come to fly here, we invite you to log your OLC miles with
us. Of course, unlike ****** Spurts, we have some standards. We
welcome pilots who fly HERE, as opposed to the Fantasy Football League
concept found in SoCal. No Worldwide Wrestling Federation Smackdown
fans will be considered.

Old October 12th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Whine, whine, snivel, snivel...

OLC rules allow club affiliation to be anyone who wishes to be a
member. Perhaps if you were more pleasant and respectful, you
wouldn't have had the SINGLE pilot who no longer wished to fly for
you, decide to fly for us. That SINGLE pilot flies all over the
country, and doesn't really have one home. When he flew with us last
year, we treated him as a welcome guest, and one of our own. He liked
being treated with respect and courtesy, and opted to make the change.

Many groups have pilots from all over. For example the 126
Association". Club affiliation is just that, it is not synonymous
with Airfield.

You said you beat us in the League last year, but only in the US. We
beat you in the League worldwide last year, and you complained that it
didn't count. This year, we beat you in both U.S. and worldwide.
Then we beat you in club standings. We didn't beat you in Airfield,
because we like to visit other sites as well, and socialize with other
people around the country. But if it makes you feel better, you can
pretend that only that statistic is important.

You don't have standards, you just can't understand some basics like
different types of statistics, and social behavior. I'll bet your
fellow pilots are really proud of you for this post. You are making
Albuquerque look bad, and the rest of them don't deserve that.

What's your excuse Mr. Mocho? Your turn.... back to whine, whine,
snivel, snivel... (repeat and rinse)...

Old October 12th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Oh boy,

what a childs play. Are you guys really serious? Both of you are
wrong. And you know it. It is stupid to gather pilots around the world
to fly with your club, who has never been or even seen your club. And
all this to win a pity OLC. I would understand if there were $100000
1st price, but there's pretty much nothing. Grow up.

PS

Old October 12th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Patrick,

I agree with you on gathering pilots. That is not what happened. A
single pilot flew a contest with us. He travels all over flying, and
doesn't really have one home. After flying with us at the contest, he
decided to post for us. He was not "recruited". But since that
happened, we have been accused of it repeatedly.

I did see one post here from someone on our side (I don't know who, as
I don't normally read RAS), on recruiting for OLC 2008. In that I
agree with you, that post should be withdrawn, as that attitude serves
nothing.

However, it would be nice to get a "Congrats on winning", instead of a
"You cheated", because one pilot made a decision on his own. That
pilot used to post for Albuquerque, and now posts for us. But as I
said before, he really doesn't have one home base. This is just sour
grapes.

I only posted a reply, because someone brought Mark's post to my
attention. We work hard (and have a blast doing it) it flying hard
and fast. I didn't appreciate being called a cheater.

Thanks for letting me clear that up.

Old October 12th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Whine, whine, snivel, snivel...

OLC rules allow club affiliation to be anyone who wishes to be a
member. Perhaps if you were more pleasant and respectful, you
wouldn't have had the SINGLE pilot who no longer wished to fly for
you, decide to fly for us. That SINGLE pilot flies all over the
country, and doesn't really have one home. When he flew with us last
year, we treated him as a welcome guest, and one of our own. He liked
being treated with respect and courtesy, and opted to make the
change. You didn't see us trolling on RAS to get pilots.

Old October 12th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Glider pilos wth standards...Bwhahahaha!

Standards? Whoopee.

The at-large glider X-C community has all the charisma and fun-factor
of a dirt clod baking in the sun

What we want to know is do you have:

ATTRACTIVE CREW?

FREE BEER?

GOOD BBQ'S?

Old October 12th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good looking crew? Some of us.
Free Beer? Yes, if I know you are coming, and you say you want some.
Good BBQ's? Yes, and you would be welcome.

A good perspective and a sense of humor gets you all this and more.
Bring it on, we would love to fly with you. You can thermal well,
right?

Old October 13th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Jeez! Didn't mean to kick over the ant farm! Just an attempt at tongue-
in-cheek response to the WS "hired guns wanted" post. Apologies to all
who took offense.

MM

Old October 13th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

The winter months must be coming, and boredom taking it's
toll. ...So we're back to rec.aviation.fistfight.
The barbecue idea sounds better than the bar room brawl.
How does your club fare with shrimp and scallops on the barbecue?
What are the favorite marinades for chicken or beef?
Jim