Piper Lance back seats

Old April 5th 04, 07:38 PM
Tony

Default Piper Lance back seats

Does anyone know where I can get some back seats out of a Piper Lance?
Im looking to take out the bench seat in my comanche and putting in some
lance seats. Thanks much
Tony

KAPV N8389P

*** Sent via
http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old April 5th 04, 10:03 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Tony wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get some back seats out of a Piper Lance?
Im looking to take out the bench seat in my comanche and putting in some
lance seats. Thanks much

Do you plan to remove the hatrack and open the baggage area up to
the cabin as in the 260B and C models? Are you buying some salvaged
bits of later models to build the floor shelf on top of the spar where
the bench sits?

Just curious how this works...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old April 6th 04, 03:56 PM
Chris Kennedy

Ben Jackson wrote:

Do you plan to remove the hatrack and open the baggage area up to
the cabin as in the 260B and C models? Are you buying some salvaged
bits of later models to build the floor shelf on top of the spar where
the bench sits?

Just curious how this works...

There was an article in the 2002 "Tips Special" describing someone's
adventure in grafting Lance seats into a '60 250, both front and rear.
In short they ended up taking the seats _and_ the aluminum and foam
sandwich floor with the seat attach points. As you'd expect, the front
seats were trivial, but getting the rear seats to work required taking
the rearmost Lance seats to bits in order to shorten the vertical
supports to adjust the height and angle of the seats, cutting up the
sandwich board to fit the area between the rear of the spar and the
baggage compartment floor and attaching that to the airframe via rivnuts
through angle supports attached to each side of the fuselage. They
reused the Lance attach system and quick disconnects but still had to do
pull tests to make the FAA happy.

They author seems happy with the outcome, but I'm increasingly enamored
with my bench seat after reading of his exploits