Is your FBO offering a fuel discount during OSH?

Old July 14th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Is your FBO offering a fuel discount during OSH?

Ours is!

Jet Air (the FBO in Iowa City) is planning to offer a 25-cent-per-
gallon discount during Oshkosh Week. They will be extending this
discount on all their full-service avgas throughout the week of
Oshkosh!

Between this, and the fly-in pool party, look to see the ramp at Iowa
City chock-full of GA planes en route to the Big One in Oshkosh this
year! (See http://alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm for
details about our 5th Annual Fly-In Pool Party!)

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 14th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Jay,
Make sure people know about it. Often these discounts don't get reported on
100LL.com or on the main airport page on airnav. Write a comment report on
airnav as if you landed at IOW yesterday and somebody told you about the
upcoming discount. It might go a long way towards persuading pilots that
don't read the "groups" to visit IOW on their way to OSH.
Jim

oups.com...

Old July 14th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Ya know, I hate to be critical of the mothership (like HELL I do), but
goldurn it, EAA is making somewhere between dozens and hundreds of millions
of dollars off of this week. The LEAST they could do is to assign a staff
member to do a daily update on their website of who is offering EAA
discounts on the way to the show. We are DAMMIT paying for the service with
our dues; the least they could do is give us the latest information on how
to get to the show for the minimum amount of dollars.

BTW, the LAST STRAW in my decision to drive was Portage taking $2.xx dollars
a gallon of autogas and pricing it at $4.00 a gallon for The Show. That is
just plain ripoff.

Jim
--

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,

Old July 14th 07, 07:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("RST Engineering" wrote)
BTW, the LAST STRAW in my decision to drive was Portage taking $2.xx
dollars a gallon of autogas and pricing it at $4.00 a gallon for The Show.
That is just plain ripoff.

http://tinyurl.com/ywjoa4
For a slight change of pace one day, try this route. It will take you past
the gas station with the Ercoupe on the roof.

Then take 21 into OSH.

We come across on 21 ...from i-94 ...from the Twin Cities.

Paul-Mont

Old July 14th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

BTW, the LAST STRAW in my decision to drive was Portage taking $2.xx dollars
a gallon of autogas and pricing it at $4.00 a gallon for The Show. That is
just plain ripoff.

Mogas is stuck at $3.20 per gallon here in Iowa, supposedly due to a
"Midwestern oil refinery breakdown"...

What's got me suspicious is that the price is the same -- to the penny
-- in my home-state, neighboring Wisconsin. Since they have a MUCH
higher gas tax, it would appear that Iowa gas stations (or the
distributors, or both) are making an absolute killing on us.

Yesterday "my" gas station (where I buy all of our mogas) ran a 13-
cent-per-gallon discount on Friday the 13th. I bought 60 gallons
worth...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 15th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

$3.35 here near STE. I need to buy a load of unleaded. I called our
distributor and he told me that on Wednesday (due to the St. Louis refinery
break down) gas jumped 20 cents, then on Thursday it went down 20 cents,
Friday it was up about 3 cents.... My wife watched the local pump price jump
the 20 cents... but it didn't come down the next day, instead the kids that
change the prices on the signs all went swimming and came back to work on
Friday, when they... you guessed it... raised it another 3 cents!

Knowing what happened with the wholesale market then watching what happens
at the retail market drives me crazy.

Jim

ps.com...

Old July 15th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marty Shapiro

Richard Riley wrote in
:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 05:57:44 -0700, Jay Honeck
wrote:

BTW, the LAST STRAW in my decision to drive was Portage taking $2.xx
dollars a gallon of autogas and pricing it at $4.00 a gallon for The
Show. That is just plain ripoff.

Mogas is stuck at $3.20 per gallon here in Iowa, supposedly due to a
"Midwestern oil refinery breakdown"...

What's got me suspicious is that the price is the same -- to the penny
-- in my home-state, neighboring Wisconsin. Since they have a MUCH
higher gas tax, it would appear that Iowa gas stations (or the
distributors, or both) are making an absolute killing on us.

Yesterday "my" gas station (where I buy all of our mogas) ran a 13-
cent-per-gallon discount on Friday the 13th. I bought 60 gallons
worth...

Wow, for the first time I can remember your gas is higher than ours.
I'm paying $2.89 a couple of miles from Disneyland.

Go to http//www.gasbuddy.com and you'll get gas prices from all over
the country. If you think you are expensive, try San Francisco or Los
Angeles and you'll feel a lot better about your local prices.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)