21st Century Grumman Tiger in South Florida

Old July 2nd 04, 07:50 PM
Jeremy Lew

The certain market leader is getting their lunch eaten by Cirrus, who last
year sold more piston engine singles. They will probably have to put up
something new or exit the market sooner or later.

"Dude" wrote in message
OTOH, I am dissappointed in a certain market leader that has the financial
ability to take the risk on a new plane, but will not. That is a

perfectly
acceptable business decision for them. Unfortunately, they are doing
several things to poison the market and GA in order to continue milking

the
business they have.

Old July 2nd 04, 09:27 PM
Dude

Unfortunately, they have too much power to go easily, even thought they
really do not want the business. Being publicly owned, they need a way to
get our gracefully and profitably. They have lost the passion, but that
just makes them even more dangerous.

Old July 4th 04, 08:20 PM
Matt Whiting

Jeremy Lew wrote:

The certain market leader is getting their lunch eaten by Cirrus, who last
year sold more piston engine singles. They will probably have to put up
something new or exit the market sooner or later.

It is sad as you have to believe that a company with Cessna's resources
could design a might fine composite airplane. However, I'll also bet it
is the lawyers and not the engineers that are in the way. The liability
of a new design with new materials would be enormous and Cessna has a
lot to loss unlike Cirrus and the other upstarts.

I also think Cessna won't remain long in the SE market. They make more
on the jets and have a lot less liability per dollar with them as well.

Matt