Helping with land out blues............

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6th 16, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Helping with land out blues............

Ok, I got the "Far side" Gary Larson one in last year.

I landed out in a large pasture. At the near end were several 8 or so cows mostly young heifers. I flew over them and landed in the middle of a 3/4 mile square field and rolled to about 200 feet from the far corner. I got out and called for a ground retrieve and set about to secure the glider in the corner of the field to protect it from any thing that may come by. I was busy for about five minutes or so focused inside the cockpit with my back to the field. When I finally stood up and turned around there were 10 cows equally spaced in a half semicircle exactly the same distance away, about 15 feet, all looking at me with intense curiosity and heads slightly cocked! I thought that Gary would have had a great caption under this cartoon. Something to the effect of "Don't let em go girls, he maybe our only means of escape"!