A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Helping with land out blues............

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6th 16, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Helping with land out blues............

Ok, I got the "Far side" Gary Larson one in last year.

I landed out in a large pasture. At the near end were several 8 or so cows mostly young heifers. I flew over them and landed in the middle of a 3/4 mile square field and rolled to about 200 feet from the far corner. I got out and called for a ground retrieve and set about to secure the glider in the corner of the field to protect it from any thing that may come by. I was busy for about five minutes or so focused inside the cockpit with my back to the field. When I finally stood up and turned around there were 10 cows equally spaced in a half semicircle exactly the same distance away, about 15 feet, all looking at me with intense curiosity and heads slightly cocked! I thought that Gary would have had a great caption under this cartoon. Something to the effect of "Don't let em go girls, he maybe our only means of escape"!