Third class abroad

Old August 18th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dakota

Default Third class abroad

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Dunno. I'm far from expert on this. I was only repeating what I'd been
told.

As usual.

Old August 18th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dakota

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Well, it is something a lot of people are going to need to know about,
but how they're going to find out definitively, I have no idea. It
doesn't really matter to me since I have to have class ones no matter
what, but it's a bit surprising that the FAA hasn't made it clear..

Bertie

Odd. Having no knowledge of something that doesn't pertain to you, has never
stopped you from commenting from a position of authority before.

Check with MX.

Old August 18th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dakota

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I'm not an expert on it, but I do have a furrin friend who is and I cut
and pasted exactly what he told me in my previous post. I looked at the
ICAO site, but I got bored wading throug the gobblydegook.

Bertie

Sure Buttlipp, that's what Mx always says.

Old August 18th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dakota

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

The FAA are responsible for this. When they degraded the class three
below international standards. It was a tradeoff. I think it's mostly
the time thing, but I think they lowered standards in other areas as
well. Lower eyesight, maybe I don't know. This allows a lot more people
to fly in the US and all anyone who wants to fly abroad has to do is get
a class 2, so it seems like a good idea to me.
I got the info from a friend of mine who's an examiner in Europe. I put
it to him that it would be legal to fly a US reg airplane with a
standard private anywhere in the world, and he told me that while this
used to be the case, it is no longer..

Bertie

And you say a voice in your ear, that you call a friend, told you to say
this?

That's Anthony's line.

Old August 18th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Dakota" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:wu4qk.21387$LF2.3228
@newsfe09.iad:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Dunno. I'm far from expert on this. I was only repeating what I'd been
told.

As usual.

nope, I'm usually right. Not that you could tell the difference, wannabe
boi.

Bertie
Old August 18th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Maxie changes his name... I so confused

"Dakota" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Well, it is something a lot of people are going to need to know
about, but how they're going to find out definitively, I have no
idea. It doesn't really matter to me since I have to have class ones
no matter what, but it's a bit surprising that the FAA hasn't made it
clear..

Bertie

Odd. Having no knowledge of something that doesn't pertain to you, has
never stopped you from commenting from a position of authority before.

Actaully, it has. Often.

Check with MX.

Yeh,

Bertie
Old August 18th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Dakota" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:YB4qk.21393$LF2.18578
@newsfe09.iad:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I'm not an expert on it, but I do have a furrin friend who is and I cut
and pasted exactly what he told me in my previous post. I looked at the
ICAO site, but I got bored wading throug the gobblydegook.

Bertie

Sure Buttlipp, that's what Mx always says.

No it isn't.

Bertie
Old August 18th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Dakota" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:rH4qk.21399$LF2.14362
@newsfe09.iad:

[...]

Yeh, obviously.

You so got me pegged there.

Bertie

Old August 18th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DanO

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

nope, I'm usually right. Not that you could tell the difference, wannabe
boi.

Bertie

Right, and if we don't believe you, just ask ya. Uh?

Old August 18th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"DanO" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:x55qk.21791$LF2.10296
@newsfe09.iad:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

nope, I'm usually right. Not that you could tell the difference, wannabe
boi.

Bertie

Right, and if we don't believe you, just ask ya. Uh?

Of course

Or anyone who has a clue...

Bertie