Traffic advisories workload permitting?

Old August 19th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Traffic advisories workload permitting?

I know that the AIM tell us that class E airspace traffic advisories
are given to VFR aircraft on a workload basis. However, I seem to
recall some of our controller friends saying that as long as an
aircraft is currently being given flight following the controller must
either advise traffic or cancel the flight following. I'm looking for
this type of language in the 7110 but I'm not seeing it.

-robert
Old August 19th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
I know that the AIM tell us that class E airspace traffic advisories
are given to VFR aircraft on a workload basis. However, I seem to
recall some of our controller friends saying that as long as an
aircraft is currently being given flight following the controller must
either advise traffic or cancel the flight following. I'm looking for
this type of language in the 7110 but I'm not seeing it.

What workload permitting means is the controller doesn't have the option of
denying traffic advisories so long as his/her workload permits. If you look
at the practical side of it, a controller can be very busy one minute and
mostly idle the next, so does that mean a controller must add more workload
by cancelling FF for each and every aircraft when they may be soon idle?
Most controllers aren't going to, and I can't say I would want them to
anyway.

Old August 19th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Robert M. Gary writes:

I know that the AIM tell us that class E airspace traffic advisories
are given to VFR aircraft on a workload basis. However, I seem to
recall some of our controller friends saying that as long as an
aircraft is currently being given flight following the controller must
either advise traffic or cancel the flight following. I'm looking for
this type of language in the 7110 but I'm not seeing it.

The controller is not required to call out all traffic, and may not be able
to. The pilot should always assume that there may be traffic nearby that the
controller cannot point out. This is mentioned in the pilot/controller
glossary of the 7710 under Traffic Advisories:

"Traffic advisory service will be provided to the extent possible depending on
higher priority duties of the controller or other limitations; e.g., radar
limitations, volume of traffic, frequency congestion, or controller workload.
Radar/ nonradar traffic advisories do not relieve the pilot of his/her
responsibility to see and avoid other aircraft. Pilots are cautioned that
there are many times when the controller is not able to give traffic
advisories concerning all traffic in the aircraft's proximity; in other words,
when a pilot requests or is receiving traffic advisories, he/she should not
assume that all traffic will be issued."
Old August 19th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
5 by 5

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Robert M. Gary writes:

[...]

It doesn't matter if your just flying a desk retard.

Old August 19th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

5 by 5 luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Robert M. Gary writes:

[...]

Oh come on now.

While not by any means a MX defender, if he answers a question with a
valid reference, that should be that and the insults reserved for when
he goes off into pontificate mode.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old August 19th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"5 by 5" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Robert M. Gary writes:

[...]

PKB. You can't fly either, buttboi. How many students you cheat this
week?

Bertie
Old August 19th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DanO

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Robert M. Gary writes:

[...]

Who you swinging at now, Dumb Ass!!!!!

Old August 19th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Robert M. Gary writes:

[...]

Uh oh. I think you just made the lits again.

Bertie

Traffic? Richard Lamb Home Built 8 October 19th 05 09:52 PM
Traffic 2004 vs Ultimate Traffic Tlewis95 Simulators 3 August 13th 04 05:39 AM
VFR Advisories Around DC Scott Lowrey Piloting 4 June 9th 04 04:41 PM
Study pilot workload during approach and landing Freshfighter Piloting 5 December 7th 03 04:06 PM
Traffic help Steven P. McNicoll Piloting 0 November 12th 03 07:56 PM