headset feedback loop during xmit

Old May 16th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default headset feedback loop during xmit

Telex (evidently now owned by Bosch) fixed the Stratus 30 under warranty and
it's working well. They replaced a circuit card and the mic. The service
people were friendly and the turn-around including shipment and repair took
2 weeks.

In the interim I purchased a Lightspeed 20 xlc so I could have ANR for 3
seats in the plane. The Lightspeed is nice, but I prefer the Telex (which I
had upgraded with 30xt cushions) since it puts less pressure on my head.
The adjustable clamping force cams are a nice feature on the Stratus line.

Can the Lightspeed's head-band be safely bent to reduce the clamping force?

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/
"Mike Noel" wrote in message
My Telex 30 headset and SL30 nav/com have developed a loud and annoying
oscillation during xmit. The tone is both obvious in the headset
side-tone
and also is heard by other's listening on the frequency.

I've tried two other headsets (a DRE ENR and a non-ANR headset) and both
work fine with the SL30. My com2 is a King 97a and it works fine with all
of my headsets, including the Telex.

The problem seems to have developed in stages over the past several
months.
First I was noticing the Telex and SL30 would occasionally give my voice a
hollow sound for the first few transmissions of the day, then sound fine.
Finally last week the tower controller mentioned the squeal which I was
also
noticing. It tends to go away after a bit but it sounded odd for the
entire
flight.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I'm hoping to try a few other
brands of headsets this weekend to see if the headset is the likely
culprit.

Old June 12th 09, 11:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dennis[_7_]

hello,

you tray to this http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/headsets/

On May 17, 1:24 am, "Mike Noel" wrote:
[...]

Alternator noise on Xmit only Vaughn Simon Owning 7 July 2nd 08 08:22 PM
outside loop niceguy Aviation Photos 13 August 9th 07 06:57 AM
My Ground Loop Reid & Julie Baldwin Piloting 53 December 6th 05 12:29 AM
More likely to ground loop? [email protected] Piloting 16 February 25th 05 04:21 PM
AN-2 performing a loop Maro_SK Aerobatics 1 March 25th 04 09:18 PM