Arizona pilot training

Old August 1st 05, 12:31 AM
jamoran

Default Arizona pilot training

I live near the TFD VOR and E68 or EStrella sail port but work a few
miles south of SDL....

looking to complete private training anyone have any recommendations

is best e-mail plain text mail only please
JOHN
Old August 1st 05, 08:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Jamoran,

I have rented from Arizona Flightworks at SDL. They seemed to be a very
solid outfit.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 2nd 05, 06:49 AM
Jay Beckman

"Chris Schmelzer" wrote in message

What does Tailwind charge for 172 time?

--
Chris Schmelzer, MD
Capt, 110th Fighter Michigan ANG

Unfortunately, they just bumped the hourly rate up to $110/hr a couple of
weeks ago.

IMO, it's still a competitive price per hour (IIRC, Chandler Air rents their
new SP for $120-125/hr...) but it's fueling my interest in flying clubs
right now.

Regards,

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ
(Former MI Resident, FWIW...)

Old August 2nd 05, 02:14 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Jay Beckman wrote:
Unfortunately, they just bumped the hourly rate up to $110/hr a couple of
weeks ago.

IMO, it's still a competitive price per hour (IIRC, Chandler Air rents their
new SP for $120-125/hr...) but it's fueling my interest in flying clubs
right now.

Good God! Here I was feeling sorry for myself having to pay $85-95 an hour,
depending on whether the bird had GPS or not. I can remember paying $37.50 an
hour for a C-172 years ago.

I feel your pain.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old August 2nd 05, 03:30 PM
W P Dixon

Yep makes me really appreciate a 40/hr Champ!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. com...

Old August 2nd 05, 03:31 PM
Matt Barrow

Jay Beckman wrote:
Unfortunately, they just bumped the hourly rate up to $110/hr a couple

of
weeks ago.

IMO, it's still a competitive price per hour (IIRC, Chandler Air rents

their
new SP for $120-125/hr...) but it's fueling my interest in flying clubs
right now.

Good God! Here I was feeling sorry for myself having to pay $85-95 an

hour,
depending on whether the bird had GPS or not. I can remember paying

$37.50 an
hour for a C-172 years ago.

When was that?

I remember paying $18 (1979, club, or $22 from the FBO...WET) and that was
for fairly new stuff.

Old August 2nd 05, 03:34 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
"Chris Schmelzer" wrote in message

What does Tailwind charge for 172 time?

Unfortunately, they just bumped the hourly rate up to $110/hr a couple of
weeks ago.

IMO, it's still a competitive price per hour (IIRC, Chandler Air rents

their
new SP for $120-125/hr...) but it's fueling my interest in flying clubs
right now.

Geezmineeze!! $84-96 for 172's here, and those are 2001's down to 1996's.

--
Matt

Old August 2nd 05, 04:18 PM
Karl-Heinz Kuenzel

To comfort you all a little, I have to pay here in Germany about $170/h for
a C172 ...

K.-H.