IGC Google Earth Replay

Old November 28th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IGC Google Earth Replay

may be someone is interested in a small programm ( http://ywtw.de/igcsim.html
) that allows you to replay IGC-files in Google Earth. It's a replay,
without use of kml, best for flights in the mountains :-)
Old November 28th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 28, 12:32 pm, wrote:
may be someone is interested in a small programm (http://ywtw.de/igcsim.html
) that allows you to replay IGC-files in Google Earth. It's a replay,
without use of kml, best for flights in the mountains :-)

It falls over with an immediate null reference exception on Windows XP
SP2 on my ThinkPad. Anybody want the stack trace? email me.

Darryl
Old November 28th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tobi

sorry, I should have mentioned, you need Google Earth 4.2 and the
current .NET installed

Old November 29th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 28, 2:18 pm, tobi wrote:
sorry, I should have mentioned, you need Google Earth 4.2 and the
current .NET installed

It falls over with an immediate null reference exception on Windows XP
SP2 on my ThinkPad. Anybody want the stack trace? email me.

No cigar.

I've got Google Earth 4.2 and the .NET 3.0 Framework with the very
latest updates. When you say the current .NET exactly what version and
update are you running against? On what OS platform? I'm on XP SP2 at
the very latest public release updates.

Anybody else got this to run?

Darryl
Old November 29th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

wrote in message
On Nov 28, 2:18 pm, tobi wrote:
sorry, I should have mentioned, you need Google Earth 4.2 and the
current .NET installed

It falls over with an immediate null reference exception on Windows XP
SP2 on my ThinkPad. Anybody want the stack trace? email me.

No cigar.

I've got Google Earth 4.2 and the .NET 3.0 Framework with the very
latest updates. When you say the current .NET exactly what version and
update are you running against? On what OS platform? I'm on XP SP2 at
the very latest public release updates.

Anybody else got this to run?

Darryl

Runs great with XP. I have all the latest updates.

I wish it had Engilsh help and imperial units though.

Old November 29th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Hey now that's pretty cool!

I see it's in early beta release (version 0.2). I hope future releases
will smooth the heading (it jumps while turning/thermaling), and maybe
add a PDA imitation in the left panel showing the overhead macro view.

And maybe some bored programmer out there can do a version that
integrates with SeeYou, to do synchronized playback. That would look
pretty cool on my two-headed lean mean XP machine!

~ted/2NO
Old November 29th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Nov 28, 6:15 pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 28, 2:18 pm, tobi wrote:

sorry, I should have mentioned, you need Google Earth 4.2 and the
current .NET installed

It falls over with an immediate null reference exception on Windows XP
SP2 on my ThinkPad. Anybody want the stack trace? email me.

No cigar.

I've got Google Earth 4.2 and the .NET 3.0 Framework with the very
latest updates. When you say the current .NET exactly what version and
update are you running against? On what OS platform? I'm on XP SP2 at
the very latest public release updates.

Anybody else got this to run?

Darryl

Works on my machine at work with XP, but I get the .net error at home
even after running an update check at Microsoft.

Old November 29th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 28, 5:15 pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 28, 2:18 pm, tobi wrote:

sorry, I should have mentioned, you need Google Earth 4.2 and the
current .NET installed

It falls over with an immediate null reference exception on Windows XP
SP2 on my ThinkPad. Anybody want the stack trace? email me.

No cigar.

I've got Google Earth 4.2 and the .NET 3.0 Framework with the very
latest updates. When you say the current .NET exactly what version and
update are you running against? On what OS platform? I'm on XP SP2 at
the very latest public release updates.

Anybody else got this to run?

Darryl

BTW a quick check with the debugger showed this apparently uses .NET
2.0, so you don't need to waste time downloading the NET 3.0
bloatware. I've emailed Tobi the debug information.

Darryl
Old November 29th 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Nov 28, 10:41 pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 28, 5:15 pm, "
wrote:

On Nov 28, 2:18 pm, tobi wrote:

sorry, I should have mentioned, you need Google Earth 4.2 and the
current .NET installed

It falls over with an immediate null reference exception on Windows XP
SP2 on my ThinkPad. Anybody want the stack trace? email me.

No cigar.

I've got Google Earth 4.2 and the .NET 3.0 Framework with the very
latest updates. When you say the current .NET exactly what version and
update are you running against? On what OS platform? I'm on XP SP2 at
the very latest public release updates.

Anybody else got this to run?

Darryl

BTW a quick check with the debugger showed this apparently uses .NET
2.0, so you don't need to waste time downloading the NET 3.0
bloatware. I've emailed Tobi the debug information.

Darryl

I did a Google search
for
V2.0.50727 and went to the
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
page.

I downloaded the 2.0 version and installed it and the program then ran
even though my system was showing up to date on system checks.

Old November 29th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Nov 28, 1:32 pm, wrote:
may be someone is interested in a small programm (http://ywtw.de/igcsim.html
) that allows you to replay IGC-files in Google Earth. It's a replay,
without use of kml, best for flights in the mountains :-)

Thanks this is one of the best additions for Google Earth and
soaring. I look forward to the fine tuning to add bank angle to the
turns and higher replay speed. At 10x my October 3rd ridge flight
still takes nearly and hour to watch. It was by far the closest I can
let anyone see what I see in flight.

Tim

Google Earth Frank Whiteley Soaring 3 November 16th 07 12:36 AM
Google Earth fun Al Denelsbeck Aviation Photos 4 January 11th 07 04:31 PM
Google Earth - Glider David Pye Soaring 1 June 8th 06 04:39 PM
SeeYou 3D and Google Earth [email protected] Soaring 4 May 23rd 06 04:24 AM
Google Earth ttaylor at cc.usu.edu Soaring 8 September 22nd 05 12:07 PM