OSH '07 Redux -- Pix & Video

Old August 10th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default OSH '07 Redux -- Pix & Video

Ron Natalie wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:

Mary thinks it was Patty Wagstaff, since who else would have the
chutzpah to give ATC a hard time at OSH? (And she *does* fly a Cirrus
now...)

I don't think it was, since she would hardly be the one to care about
flying close to someone else....

I agree with Jay. IFR arrivals do however come straight in and some
pilots do have an attitude. Not only is Patty used to close proximity,
she's been coming to Oshkosh longer than I have (15 years) and I can't
imagine that any arrival operations would faze her.

There's also a special, unpublished, procedure for vendors, etc. and I
would guess she would use that one. A number of years ago Patty was
based at the same field we were and viewing a few of her landings I'm
sure she wouldn't worry about someone that far away.

Margy
Old August 11th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

There's also a special, unpublished, procedure for vendors, etc.

I suspect you meant "for performers", right?

I can just see a special arrival for "Aircraft Spruce" or "Pacific
Coast Avionics"...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 11th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Jay Honeck wrote:
There's also a special, unpublished, procedure for vendors, etc.

I suspect you meant "for performers", right?

I can just see a special arrival for "Aircraft Spruce" or "Pacific
Coast Avionics"...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I suspect he means more like Cirrus Demo flights and such
Old August 11th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:
There's also a special, unpublished, procedure for vendors, etc.

I suspect you meant "for performers", right?

I can just see a special arrival for "Aircraft Spruce" or "Pacific
Coast Avionics"...

Even the exhibition aircraft come in via the normal notam. What they
do have is a special "card" to hold up that lets them get into the
aeroshell square area before they shutdown.
Old August 12th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Smith

Listening to the tower freq. for 9/27 arrivals, you'll hear
manufacturer demo flights (as well as airshow performers and others)
calling in "over the prison" to the north of the airport. I assume
that is the unpublished procedure referred to.

Old August 12th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Jim Smith wrote:
Listening to the tower freq. for 9/27 arrivals, you'll hear
manufacturer demo flights (as well as airshow performers and others)
calling in "over the prison" to the north of the airport. I assume
that is the unpublished procedure referred to.

Oh, demo flights. There are special procedures for those but you get
them AFTER you've already arrived at OSH every year.
Old August 12th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

There are also special procedures for photo-op aircraft with credentialed
journalists/cameramen on board. Several of the Kitplanes covers over the
years have been shot from PhotoBlue 182. Mostly it is "do your work south
of warbird island above 2000 agl and call the shoreline abeam the island
inbound."

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

Old August 12th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected][_2_]

There have been some clowns out there showing up in non-warbirds over
Warbird Island calling the tower to come in rather than flying the
whole Ripon-Fisk procedure, because "they were too high performance"
for that.

It's become a bit of a problem because the warbird arrival is not
designed to take a whole lot of traffic, which then has to sequence in
with all the rest of us coming in thru Ripon-Fisk. There are non-
standard arrivals using the "prison approach" and warbird island, but
those are usually by prior arrangement and for those who are coming in
and out frequently (like the Cirrus and Remos G-3 LSA demo's out of
Orion aviation on the north ramp, the Ford trimotor, and especially
during the first and last part of the day for the photo ops planes and
their subjects).

If you are lucky enough to get an IFR slot all the way to OSH (as
opposed to getting dumped 60 miles out), then you will be sequenced
for a straight in to what-ever runway is being used, this being co-
ordinated between Chicago Center and OSH tower.

It's a work of art, and it's always being tweaked. It's amazing that
it works as well as it does. IMHO.

Ryan (EAA Flight Line Ops)

Sun N Fun '07 Redux Jay Honeck Piloting 74 May 2nd 07 12:06 AM
Sun N Fun '07 Redux Jay Honeck Owning 44 May 2nd 07 12:06 AM
CSA Redux? sid Naval Aviation 19 May 11th 04 10:43 PM
Sun N Fun Redux Jay Honeck Piloting 26 April 24th 04 01:44 PM
CSA Redux? sid Military Aviation 9 April 18th 04 08:14 AM