Big Kahunas

Old December 2nd 03, 07:57 AM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| The former were forced to concede that, as a John Edwards adviser put
it,
| the visit was a "daring move and great politics."
|
| "Great politics", sure. Obviously it was great politics. Daring?
Hardly,
| and no one was forced to concede that point.
|
| Funny thing about editorials, even those in the WSJ: just like the Usenet,
| you can say pretty much anything you want.

QED. If he does something right, it is just politics. If he does something
you don't like, it is business as usual.

Or perhaps you had not noticed how cynical your post was?

Old December 2nd 03, 09:19 AM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
QED. If he does something right, it is just politics. If he does something
you don't like, it is business as usual.

That's obviously your impression. Suffice to say, it's not shared by all.
In particular, your definition of "something right" is by no means
universal.

Or perhaps you had not noticed how cynical your post was?

Not noticed? It was *intended* to be cynical. I have a very cynical
opinion of political leadership, Bush included.

Pete

Old December 2nd 03, 10:41 AM
Bob Noel

In article , David Dyer-Bennet
wrote:

He redefined the word "is" for us so let me redefine "honestly".

No, he insisted that the person questioning him define what he meant
by his question, and then answered the precise question asked. Which
is what anybody with two brain-cells to rub together would do in that
situation -- say as little as you can possibly get away with.

No, he twisted the question so as to avoid answering the clear
intent of the original question. Which is what a dishonest person
with two braincells to rub together would do when they wanted to avoid
telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

--
Bob Noel

Old December 2nd 03, 03:11 PM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| QED. If he does something right, it is just politics. If he does
something
| you don't like, it is business as usual.
|
| That's obviously your impression. Suffice to say, it's not shared by all.
| In particular, your definition of "something right" is by no means
| universal.
|

| Or perhaps you had not noticed how cynical your post was?
|
| Not noticed? It was *intended* to be cynical. I have a very cynical
| opinion of political leadership, Bush included.

Whereas I think sometimes politicians, even Bush, will do something because
they think it is the right thing to do.

Old December 2nd 03, 04:18 PM
Wdtabor

In article 0bUyb.276099$9E1.1453263@attbi_s52, "mike regish"
writes:

His polls are slipping every day, with every soldier killed, with each day
that goes by with no WMD. And he's still got a year to go.

Wishful thinking on your part. Third year of first term poll numbers are always
low for the President. They were for Clinton as well, in fact, they were much
worse for him than Bush's are now.

Right now, people are mentally comparing Bush to some ideal "West Wing" sort of
Presidency in their minds. When he is compared to a real Democrat Dwarf next
year, that will not be the case.

Failing some catastrophe in the economy, get used to GWB till 2008, then Rice
for the next 8.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 2nd 03, 05:02 PM
R. Hubbell

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:50:39 -0600 Big John wrote:

David

Got in this thread and hard to back out.

On 30 Nov 2003 12:45:04 -0600, David Dyer-Bennet
wrote:

----clip----

Clinton avoided the draft honestly,

----clip----

He redefined the word "is" for us so let me redefine "honestly".

Lie, steal and cheat.

What's Clinton got to do with this? He's not president anymore.
How far back will you go to make Dubya look better?

And do you really believe that Dubya is an honest man?

R. Hubbell

Big John
.

Old December 2nd 03, 05:36 PM
Frank

C J Campbell wrote:

A little editorial quote from Max Boot in the Wall Street Journal on the
subject:

"The most compelling evidence of the success of President Bush's trip to
Iraq was the reaction of the opposition. No, not the Iraqi opposition --
or "resistance," as the French have taken to calling it. I mean the
American opposition: the Democrats and the news media.

The former were forced to concede that, as a John Edwards adviser put it,
the visit was a "daring move and great politics." In a pathetic attempt to
find something negative to say, Howard Dean's spokesman sound-bited as
follows: "This visit won't change the fact that those brave men and women
should never have been fighting in Iraq in the first place." Thanks,
Howard. I'm sure the troops appreciate your support."

That's the trouble with what passes for political discourse nowadays, the
notion that other side is _always_ wrong.

I thought it was a nice gesture. I could choose to see it as political
grandstanding as he will certainly get mileage out of it, but I don't.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....
--
Frank....H
Old December 2nd 03, 05:37 PM
Wdtabor

In article 0w3zb.17525$ZE1.2305@fed1read04, "R. Hubbell"
writes:

I've always like usenet for the great humor! Rice! Good one. She's just
not qualified in so many ways.

Imagine if a Republican said something like that about a black woman.

She is a US born citizen over 35 years old. So, the Constitution says she is
qualified if she can get the votes in the Electoral College.

She is brilliant, has extensive foriegn policy experience, a well rounded
education, and impecable character. She is even a concert pianist.

What qualifications do you require? That she look more like Carol Mosley Braun?

OF course, for me, her greatest qualifiaction is that Democrats are scared
sh*tless of her.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL