When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ----- hithUOFT8mSo

Old March 28th 04, 06:21 PM
Aardvark G. Bandersnatch, CPE, RCA, IBM, LSMFT

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ----- hithUOFT8mSo

wrote in message
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!
-
I think you must know what I'm talking about. Together, a heavy foreign

accent,
coupled with a lousy phone connection can only mean one thing... An

outsourced
operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where some
greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and

displacing
American workers in the process.
-
The best thing you can do is hang up... look for the companies' on-shore

counterpart
and complain! Tell them you're sick and tired of sub-standard services by

people
who speak English so poorly that you can hardly communicate... are most

often
poorly trained... have little accountability for the advice they give

you... often can't be
heard clearly because of a poor satellite phone connection... conveniently

block
their caller-ID... give themselves phony names like 'Tina' or 'Jimmy' (to

deceive you
into thinking they're local) and most often provide no avenue to escalate

an issue
to someone who can really help.
-
Corporations will only end this practice if they see they're losing their

customer
base as a consequence. Let's start doing our part by starting a

grass-roots
movement...
-
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!

I agree! I get so tired to talking with people from California.

Old March 28th 04, 10:31 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article HQD9c.24815$w54.157056@attbi_s01,
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

When I answer the phone an nobody responds to the third "Hello," I hang
up!
Old March 29th 04, 02:06 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!

I agree! I get so tired to talking with people from California.

When I answer the phone an nobody responds to the third "Hello," I hang
up!

You give them THREE?

Old April 3rd 04, 12:19 AM
Dude

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message

news
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG

UP!

I agree! I get so tired to talking with people from California.

When I answer the phone an nobody responds to the third "Hello," I hang
up!

You give them THREE?

Please, do the rest of us a favor. When they come on, tell them you are
VERY interested, but you have to put the phone down to help your child for a
second. Then lay the phone on the counter, and go back to what you were
doing.

Old April 3rd 04, 03:17 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Dude wrote:

When they come on, tell them you are
VERY interested, but you have to put the phone down to help your child for a
second. Then lay the phone on the counter, and go back to what you were
doing.

My variation. "May I speak with Mr. or Mrs. Patterson?" "Sure. (off phone) PAPA!"
Then lay the phone on the counter .....

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".