ramifications of new TSA rules on all non-US and US citizen pilots

Old September 26th 04, 07:20 AM
Javier Henderson

"Marco Rispoli" writes:

I hear you loud and clear. Me and a few other "Dirty Immigrants" green card
holders have sent an email to AOPA (more than one in my case) to solicit
information as to WHY are they not lobbying for us.

I am thinking the same thing you are thinking. What am I paying AOPA for?
Since from their point of view I am a class-B member.

For now, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they
need to be educated. The proper term for them to use should be
"US Person", which encompasses citizens and resident aliens (aka
green card holders). I sent them email on Friday commenting on this,
and know several others who did likewise.

-jav
Old September 26th 04, 01:20 PM
gerrcoin

I'm curious as to the effect this ruling will have on the JAA PPL
schools in the US. I imagine that most of their customers are foreign
nationals/aliens. Will they be subject to a FAR stipulation in this case.

Also I wonder what realistic effect this can have. A potential
terrorist with hostile intentions will simply be forced to get their
instruction in another country, and there is no shortage of flight
schools crying out for students with the current downturn. That
terrorist can then take their new ticket and enter the US and rent or
purchase an aircraft.

The only people that this inconveniences are the legitimate pilots.
Old September 26th 04, 02:03 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:20:12 +0100, gerrcoin wrote:

I'm curious as to the effect this ruling will have on the JAA PPL
schools in the US. I imagine that most of their customers are foreign
nationals/aliens. Will they be subject to a FAR stipulation in this case.

what country are these aircraft registered? if the planes are n-reg then
the training is most likely done under us-regulations (the student then can
also go for the us ppl).

Also I wonder what realistic effect this can have. A potential
terrorist with hostile intentions will simply be forced to get their
instruction in another country, and there is no shortage of flight

or the potential terrorist goes through fingerprinting. if he/she has
nothing on file ...

The only people that this inconveniences are the legitimate pilots.

ACK, and the economy.

#m

--
Somehow, some way, the Left trash talks "multi-national corporations" and
"big corporations" as if they were messengers of evil, when, in fact,
Old September 27th 04, 11:58 AM
Thomas Borchert

Peter,

I am also a permanent resident alien.

Note that there is also a third class: I am frequently visiting from
Germany, and I hold a US certificate.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 27th 04, 11:58 AM
Thomas Borchert

Andrew,

that resident aliens are not subjected to the ruling.

I am starting to get annoyed, frankly. Why resident aliens only? There
goes my instrument and commercial training...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 27th 04, 07:57 PM
Toly

Hehe... did anyone think about what the "Be a Pilot" program should
look like under the new rule?

"Show us your Passport and we'll show you a Student Certificate"
"All you need to Fly is a Dream and Fingerprints"
"Flying Safe with Aliens"
"Trade Terrorists for Free Flying Lessons: Inquire Within".

These folks sure as hell bringing new prospects into aviation.
Old September 27th 04, 11:49 PM
Marco Rispoli

"Toly" wrote in message
m...
Hehe... did anyone think about what the "Be a Pilot" program should
look like under the new rule?

"Show us your Passport and we'll show you a Student Certificate"
"All you need to Fly is a Dream and Fingerprints"
"Flying Safe with Aliens"
"Trade Terrorists for Free Flying Lessons: Inquire Within".

These folks sure as hell bringing new prospects into aviation.

LOL!!

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA / PP-ASEL
My on-line aviation community - http://www.thepilotlounge.com