me-208

Old June 8th 05, 05:01 AM
old hoodoo

Default me-208

Does anyone have any pics or descriptions of the correct paint scheme
for a Me-208 (not 108 unless they had similar schemes) as used by the
Germans during the war years? Its my understanding that some 200 of the
tri gear 208's were used by the Germans during the war? The wing gear
is very similar to the Me-309.

Old June 8th 05, 06:10 AM

MAI Research can help with some photos, but you should know the facts
first.

The number of Me 208s in German service was 2, not 200. They were built
at the Les Mureaux plant in occupied France in 1942-43. Paint scheme
for the Me 208 V1 was grey with black markings GK+RZ. This aircraft was
destroyed in an air raid. The second aircraft was retained as a pattern
aircraft.

Nord built the Me 208 at the Les Mureaux plant after the war as the
Nord 1101 and 1102 Noralpha with different engines, a modified wing and
other small differences from the original. 200 1101s and 1102s
were built from 1946-47 for French military and civilian use. That's
probably where the 200 figure comes from.

Let me know f you would like a packet of information for this rather
handsome (in a French sort of way) bird.

Tom

Old June 9th 05, 01:17 AM
vincent p. norris

Does anyone have any pics or descriptions of the correct paint scheme
for a Me-208

I saw a 208 in a hangar at Geneseo (NY), about two summers ago. I
believe it belongs to the warbird restoration group located there.

Someone there can probably help you.

vince norris
Old June 11th 05, 04:19 AM

old hoodoo wrote:
Does anyone have any pics or descriptions of the correct paint scheme
for a Me-208 (not 108 unless they had similar schemes) as used by the
Germans during the war years? Its my understanding that some 200 of the
tri gear 208's were used by the Germans during the war? The wing gear
is very similar to the Me-309.

do you still have my email, tom?

Not sure. Since I changed to netscape I'm not quite comfortable with
what I do and don't have.

Tom