propane preheater

Old March 7th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

Default propane preheater

I understand that the blower consumes so little power, 4A for 15 or 20
minutes, it shouldn't be enough of a drain on my airplane's battery to
affect cranking - assuming my airplane's battery is in good shape. If
it looks like I'll need more juice, I think I might get one of those 12V
jump starter packs. Most seem to have a battery with about 18AH. I'd
like one that can be charged from either 120VAC or 12VDC. When I'm at
my home field, I simply use my car battery but I'm wondering if one of
the portable starter packs with the light and compressor wouldn't be a
bad thing to have regardless.
Dave
M35

Mike Spera wrote:

I ran the 12Volt blower from my car battery not the airplane. My
first test next winter will be to run the blower off the airplane
battery and see how much battery capacity I lose.

I use a motorcycle battery to run the blower.

So do I. It is amazing that you can use a little 9-12AH battery to run
the thing. The MC battery also fits inside the toolbox setup I have. So,
that is one less thing to carry around.

Mike