OLC Issues

Old July 15th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Union Thug

Default OLC Issues

I lurk on RAS ocasionally and I have read posts from others about
problems posting flights on OLC. I have never bothered to post on OLC
till this morning (For a flight I made yesterday the 14th), and now I
have my own problems to relate. I am using a Camebridge model 20
vesion 6.0 and Aero Explorer 1.1 software (This has always been
sufficient for the badge lady ) . When I enter my flight info and
click the upload button, I get a "cannot display webpage" message. I
have tried this 3 times with the same results. There is no contact
info for OLC on the SSA page, so I emailed the OLC people in Germany
(I presume) to ask about this problem. Has anyone else had this issue?
Did I miss out by not posting my flight on the day it took place ? Is
the OLC currently down, and if so, what happens to the flights that
are not posted in time. Is there any contact people in the US ?
The flight in question was only 200 miles, and given the type of
sailplane I have and the strong desert conditions this is not a big
deal. This was the first time in my career that I made an FAI
declaration in the hopes of a badge, and I wanted to post this flight
to inspire some of my buddies to take up XC. Somebody please tell me
that it is not always this difficult. Am I expected to sink 150 bucks
in the latest soaring software to be able to participate?
Sorry, just venting now, thanks in advance for any insight,

Old July 15th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stewart Kissel

http://www.abqsoaring.org/misc_files/CAI_fix.htm

Start by following the directions provided by Karl's
helpful utility. I also suggest googling the topic
for several ras threads. If you have someone in your
club who has done the upload, have them show you.

Generally speaking the upload process will not take
as long as the flight you made. However don't expect
it to be a repeat of a badge claim to the SSA.

Old July 15th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Best bet is to find someone with SeeYou or Strepla and have then upload
for you. I am not familiar with Strepla, but with SeeYou you just open
the file, and hit the upload button. All the CAI to IGC conversion
occurs automatically.

As far as I know, the OLC website does not yet have the ability to
handle a CAI file.

Old July 15th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K Baum

..

Stewart Kissel wrote:
http://www.abqsoaring.org/misc_files/CAI_fix.htm

Start by following the directions provided by Karl's
helpful utility.
Generally speaking the upload process will not take
as long as the flight you made. However don't expect
it to be a repeat of a badge claim to the SSA. - Hide quoted text -

Stewart and Greg,
Thanks for the help. As it turns out, I was able to fix my own
problem. I think it was a combination of an old computer and operator
error. I will look up Karls utility and maybe things will go smoother
next time.Thanks again,

Baron issues Viperdoc Owning 22 September 7th 06 06:55 PM
Issues around de-ice on a 182 Andrew Gideon Piloting 87 September 27th 05 11:46 PM
Lycoming IO-360 issues Al Marzo Owning 0 August 8th 04 01:55 PM
Issues around de-ice on a 182 Andrew Gideon Owning 35 July 18th 04 06:42 PM
Maint issues - R22 Rich Rotorcraft 4 July 8th 04 05:18 PM