Discount Airfare

Old October 27th 07, 01:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J.F.

Default Discount Airfare

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	discount air fare.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	18701
Old October 27th 07, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Square Wheels[_3_]

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:24:07 +0000, J.F. wrote:

Discount Airfare

That sound you just heard was my knees buckling.

(Heck, I get dizzy on a thick carpet....)

--
OK, Colorado, let's bean Boston.

Almost every year, NYY or Beantown. Boooooring!

Old October 27th 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

I always thought sky-divers crazy to begin with....

This is proof.

Luke

Old October 27th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Default Discount Airfare (photo attached)

"Dan Edwards" wrote in
:

You're absolutely right Luke. I have made 3 static line jumps from
3500 ft. AGL 7 years ago when I was crazy. I'm all better now...

-Dan Edwards-

Looks like you weren't the first person to leave permanent hand grip
imprints on the wing strut... =)
Old October 27th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Bob Harrington wrote:

"Dan Edwards" wrote in
:

You're absolutely right Luke. I have made 3 static line jumps from
3500 ft. AGL 7 years ago when I was crazy. I'm all better now...

-Dan Edwards-

Looks like you weren't the first person to leave permanent hand grip
imprints on the wing strut... =)

I just don't understand people who jump out of perfectly good airplanes...

JT

Old October 28th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tri-Pacer

"
I just don't understand people who jump out of perfectly good airplanes...

Try it---you'll like it. :-)

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul JUMP.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	18740
Old October 28th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Tri-Pacer wrote:
"
I just don't understand people who jump out of perfectly good airplanes...

Try it---you'll like it. :-)

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Yes you will.

I have 163 military static line jumps and 250+ free fall civilian hops.
It's fun and the folks you jump with are a very interesting corss
section of society.

Cheers,

Dave

Old October 28th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Square Wheels[_3_]

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:42:18 -0500, CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Tri-Pacer wrote:
"
I just don't understand people who jump out of perfectly good airplanes...

Try it---you'll like it. :-)

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Yes you will.

I have 163 military static line jumps and 250+ free fall civilian hops.
It's fun and the folks you jump with are a very interesting corss
section of society.

Cheers,

Dave

Just curious: roughly how many /military/ people die in simple training or
practice jumps (non-combat or test flights) per year? Not many, I'd guess.

Civilian 'for-fun' jumpers do not have a particularly good record.

Old October 28th 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

Just curious: roughly how many /military/ people die in simple training or
practice jumps (non-combat or test flights) per year? Not many, I'd guess.

Civilian 'for-fun' jumpers do not have a particularly good record.

--
OK, Colorado, let's bean Boston.

Almost every year, NYY or Beantown. Boooooring!

Numbers for 2005 from USPS website
http://www.uspa.org/about/page2/relative_safety.htm

962 USPA members had injuries requiring medical attention.
27 Fatalities
2,200,000 jumps

Not too bad statistically. Also, in recent years a large percentage of
fatalities have been caused by judgemental errors or mistakes made during an
attempted high-performance landing rather than equipment failure.

Most news reporting of skydiving fatalities plays on the average person's
fear of heights/falling by using descriptive terminology like "plummeted to
his/her death" or "parachute failed to open" no matter what actually
happened. Sensationalism sells news. Many of today's deaths occur after the
jumper is under an open, normally functioning canopy.

BSBCU, TP

Old October 28th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote in message

Bob Harrington wrote:

"Dan Edwards" wrote in
:
You're absolutely right Luke. I have made 3 static line jumps from
3500 ft. AGL 7 years ago when I was crazy. I'm all better now...

-Dan Edwards-

Looks like you weren't the first person to leave permanent hand grip
imprints on the wing strut... =)

I just don't understand people who jump out of perfectly good airplanes...

JT

You haven't seen some of the airplanes I've jumped out of! :0)
Just Kidding (cough), TP