Stealth Tech Defeated? Oh Well, Another Trillion $$$ Gone...

Old May 18th 04, 03:43 PM
Denyav

Default Stealth Tech Defeated? Oh Well, Another Trillion $$$ Gone...

e Vera radar system is an updated version of one reportedly used by Serb
forces to shoot down a US F-117A stealth fighter in March 1999.

Totally wrong,Serbians had no multistatics.The connections between independent
backscatterers were their trick.

They also want to test their own installations with the help of
these radars," the source was quoted as saying.

US,German and British multistatic are much capable.

The Vera system replaced the Tamara radar that is said to have been used to
shoot down a US F-117 Nighthawk fighter on March 27, 1999 during a NATO

Shooting down one f117 and damaging another one had nothing to do with Vera or
Tamara as Serbians had none of them.
Old May 26th 04, 02:55 PM
Airyx

Chad Irby wrote in message . ..

Every time technology gets cheaper, we get more adept at
exterminating each other...

No doubt.

Lotsa doubt.

The folks who are using the high-tech stuff are showing that you can win
wars while killing a lot less people, while the low-tech killers are the
ones racking up body counts in the millions...

I think you are taking a little bit different track then what the
original poster was suggesting. It is true that the US is trying to
leverage technology to minimize death during war, however, the
availability of cheap technology also allows such things as remotely
detonated bombs, and improved communications between insurgents or
terrorists to coordinate their attacks. A distributed organization
like Al Queda could not have existed 10 years ago because the
communication necessary to maintain control was not cheaply available.
So, in that sense, as technology gets cheaper, we get better at
killing each other.

Now, back to your point. Relative to WWII, technology has done a lot
to minimize death and destruction. If we were still using WWII
technology, we would have had to level Baghdad with massive carpet
bombing. Instead we were able to destroy what really needed to be
destroyed without wiping out huge chunks of the city. Nevertheless, we
still killed a very large number of people in the process, many of
whom did not deserve to die.

Your statment that the low-tech people are "killing by the millions"
is a bit off. The US has lost about 800 people since the start of the
Iraq campaign, while killing somewhere in the neighborhood of
10,000-15,000 Iraqis.
Old May 26th 04, 03:01 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Airyx" wrote in message
om...

I think you are taking a little bit different track then what the
original poster was suggesting. It is true that the US is trying to
leverage technology to minimize death during war, however, the
availability of cheap technology also allows such things as remotely
detonated bombs, and improved communications between insurgents or
terrorists to coordinate their attacks. A distributed organization
like Al Queda could not have existed 10 years ago because the
communication necessary to maintain control was not cheaply available.

On the contrary cell like organisations for terrorist groups
are as old as the hills. The 12th Persian sec of assassins
used it as did groups in revolutionary France and the
anarchists and Fenians of the 19th century.

Keith

Old May 26th 04, 06:46 PM
Airyx

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message ...
"Airyx" wrote in message
om...

I think you are taking a little bit different track then what the
original poster was suggesting. It is true that the US is trying to
leverage technology to minimize death during war, however, the
availability of cheap technology also allows such things as remotely
detonated bombs, and improved communications between insurgents or
terrorists to coordinate their attacks. A distributed organization
like Al Queda could not have existed 10 years ago because the
communication necessary to maintain control was not cheaply available.

On the contrary cell like organisations for terrorist groups
are as old as the hills. The 12th Persian sec of assassins
used it as did groups in revolutionary France and the
anarchists and Fenians of the 19th century.

Those were all very localized. It doesn't take much technology for a
bunch of disgruntled citizens to get together and decide to "take it
to the man".

Sure, cell-like groups have existed in the past, but not one as large
and wide spread as what we see today. These guys are conducting
coordinated operations in Indonesia, the US, Spain, Saudi Arabia,
Several Central African countries, and of course, Iraq, all in the
span of about two months. Their level of organizational training,
management, and resource planning is amazing considering how far apart
each cell is from the next. It is also amazing that they can operate
under a single game plan while their senior leadership is stuck in a
cave somewhere.

Without contact via, email, web, mobile phone, sat com, or whatever
technology they use for planning and resources assignments, I don't
see how this thing can continue to exist. Somebody needs to do a
Management Case study on Al Qaeda.